Gas fridge???? (1 Viewer)

Hussar

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Went over to the van today to continue familiarising myself with the systems. The fridge that is fitted is a three way. Tried to get it to go on gas, it does not appear to work...
I cannot see a flame in the sight glass. It says that it is electronic ignition, however I do not hear a "clicking" when I hold the switch in, is this normal. The hob works fine as do all the other gas appliances such as hot water and heating.:Sad:

PeterandLinda

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
Hi

It may help if you say what make, model and year of van and make and model of fridge, but a couple of easy possibilities to check, is the internal gas tap for the fridge turned on?! (I only dare say that because once...) If so, try taking off the external lower fridge vent and waggling the spade connectors on the ignition circuits. If you are at all worried, disconnect the 230v mains first and waggle evrything in sight. I have had a problem before with poor continuity on these connectors and they are open to the elements.

P&L

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If its not been used for a while,there could be air in the pipes, takes a while for it to bleed through.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hussar

Hussar

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Thanks for the replies so far. I will try out your suggestions tomorrow. The van is a 94 Autotrail Apache and the fridge is branded Electrolux, model unknown.

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
mine is also etectrolux and I am new to mh, To light the gas I push the dail in while it is clicking till it stops But i cannot see any flames through peep hole To be honest I donot know where to look I just asume it is lit In the process of getting a fridge thermometer the only way I know it is working

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
often takes an age for the gas to come through if the gas bottle has been off

try just holding the dial for 3-4 minutes without trying to light it , leave it for a minute for any excess to clear , then try to light

OP
OP
Hussar

Hussar

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
If I eventually get the gas to come through, how do I light it? I presume that because it is "electronic" ignition then there is a piezo device to create the ignition spark. Surely then this should make an audible "click" when the knob is held in?

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Daft question but have you turned the three way switch to gas?

OP
OP
Hussar

Hussar

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Now you have me thinking..... you bu***r. Have to check tomorrow.:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.