LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
TONYPANDY Rhondda Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker LB
Exp
Since 2009
Hi can anyone help I own a 1988 ducato autostratus delux camper, I have been trying to light the fire and get the blowers working which blows warm air around the camper but nothing seams to be working, Have switch the gas on and opened all the valves, thanks Robert :Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi there Robert

I have a 1987 Hymer 660 with a Truma blown air heating system and might be able to help you if your system is the same or simliar... can you post details of which heater yours is...

JJ

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
fire trouble

Hi, Robert sometimes its the cover on the external vent have you remembered to take it off
as the system wont work with this on.... its a safety device hope this helps
as sometimes it the daftest things that take the longest time to suss out :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Robert
It might be the outside cover like Mike said, I had the same trouble once it was the 20amp fuse on the leisure battery, worth a look at, does you hob ignite mine was on the same fuse. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Hi can anyone help I own a 1988 ducato autostratus delux camper, I have been trying to light the fire and get the blowers working which blows warm air around the camper but nothing seams to be working, Have switch the gas on and opened all the valves, thanks Robert :Smile:

When you say 'nothing seems to be working', what do you mean?

Do you mean that you can't get get the gas to light in the heater?
Have to made sure that there's still gas in the bottle after winter storage?

Can you get an ignition spark? (If you can't actually see it, you should be able to hear it)

Have you remembered to keep the 'gas by-pass' valve pressed while you try the ignition at the same time ?

Is your ignition system powered by a dry cell battery usually located in the base of the heater? If so, have you checked it out? It may not be flat - it could be corroded or dirty contacts. Or is it a Pietzo crystal (push plunger button each time to generate a spark) igniter?

When you switch on the blower fan, does it run? Can you hear it? It should work whether the heater lights or not. If not - have you checked the 12v fuses? Do other 12v services work OK, such as light?

Your question is a lot more complicated than it sounds because there are several different makes of heaters fitted all of which have differing modus operandi.

The make and model of the heater would be more useful than the make and model of the motorhome - unless someone here has exactly the same age and model of van ...... ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back