Free Member
Nov 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
bailey
Exp
1 month
Hi All,

How often, if at all, do you Guys change the gas filter?

Cheers, Ady

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not changed one yet been on 2 years every time I take the bowl off to check the filters are clean & no residue in the bowl. If they looked grubby & there was oily residue in the bowl that's when I would change them.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Only looked once in five years. Easy to forget.
Must remember to rake a look, now!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I just changed my cylinders around at the weekend as I was fitting the fill point in the skirt and found some oily residue coming out of a pigtail and wondered if I should get a filter?

Griff097

LIFE MEMBER
May 19, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
I just changed my cylinders around at the weekend as I was fitting the fill point in the skirt and found some oily residue coming out of a pigtail and wondered if I should get a filter?
We had oily residue in the hoses on a caravan years ago, it took me ages to find as intermittently appliances wouldn't work, it was trapped in a loop, I blew the lines through with a compressor and all was fine after that.
A filter would help, but in my experience it's a rare event.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I have found oily residue in the filter bowl and I am glad it didn’t reach the regulator. The residue is supposed to run back down the pipe and into the cylinder but if it is not doing this a filter might be a good idea.
Hi All,

How often, if at all, do you Guys change the gas filter?

Cheers, Ady
After about 3 years I have not yet found the need to replace the filter cartridge, despite some residue accumulating in the filter bowl.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back