LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Fitted a twin Gas-It System all working filled up tanks twice all good. Also fitted an external Barbecue point all fittings from Gas-It. Only recently tried the Barbecue and found it does not work no gas coming through. Fitted the tee piece from main pipe with a gate valve to the barbecue outlet and all pipes checked for stoppage all clear. After a chat with the Gas-It technical man, turned on all gas rings and oven then opened the valve to the barbecue point at this point gas flames went out on cooker. Lit gas again and pushed the purge button on the Truma Valve again gas went out on the cooker. As soon as I open the barbecue port all I get is a rush of gas for a second then nothing. I even bought another external barbecue fitting from Gas-It just in case that was a faulty one but no luck either. Gas-It are quite happy to refund me for the second fitting. Has anyone got any ideas what to do now?

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Could be a faulty valve, try another.
Cheers, Dave(y)

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
What appliance are you connecting to the BBQ point? It sounds lke the excess flow shutoff is operating in the reg.

D.

OP
OP
StanandShirley

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
The connection is a Bullfinch, insert and twist to open. Rubber pipe to barbecue with open close valve fitted. Taking of the pipe to see if I can smell any gas nothing after the first rush of gas.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The "Bullfinch" is the actual BBQ point, Disconnecting the pipe will simply allow unrestricted gas to flow which will exceed the flowrate the Truma reg will allow so the excess flow shutoff cuts in and stops the flow of gas, kinda why its called an "excess flow cutoff". Connect an appliance, a BBQ for example to the hose on your Bullfinch connector and see if it lights and runs OK.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have you tried connecting the barbecue, then resetting the regulator and then checking to see if gas is flowing to cooker etc.?

OP
OP
StanandShirley

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Yes tried that too, looks like I have a Gas Gremlin! Not to worry the Sun is shining just have to eat un burnt food. Thanks for all the help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back