the eagle has landed

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Has anyone bought propane from an "on-line" company called "Gas Deal Direct"????

At £12.99 for a 6Kg cylinder seems too cheap to be real!! Probably is.

Be gentle this is my 1st post!!!!!

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Best take a close look at their T&C's, particularly:

5. Cylinders

(g) The cylinders supplied by the owner are temporarily loaned to the customer on the basis of a regular re-order of refill gas. The owner has the right to charge the customer a deposit of £29.95 + vat on each cylinder supplied if the customer does not make a re-order of refill gas for a minimum period of 2 months from their last order date.

This suggests to me that, unless you get through a fair amount of gas in a relatively short time, you could be faced with a bill for around £36!!

I would strongly advise seeking clarification from them on this point if nothing else.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Has anyone bought propane from an "on-line" company called "Gas Deal Direct"????

At £12.99 for a 6Kg cylinder seems too cheap to be real!! Probably is.

Be gentle this is my 1st post!!!!!
I've never heard of this company but as previous poster says there could be a catch.

The best solution is to fit refillable cylinders or a fixed underslung tank so you can buy you lpg at many petrol filling stations at a better price.

edit; just noticed you are around Birmingham so it would be worth getting an account with Countrywide Stores who have a number of lpg outlets in your area and will sell it at the lower rate of 5% VAT for domestic use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
edit; just noticed you are around Birmingham so it would be worth getting an account with Countrywide Stores who have a number of lpg outlets in your area and will sell it at the lower rate of 5% VAT for domestic use.[/QUOTE]

Tell me more about the country wide scenario. Have one 5 miles away which use for loads of bits and bobs

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I think you are referring to Countrywide Farmers. Here is a link to a post I made about them a few days ago.
Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back