Gas cookers are great in motorhome (1 Viewer)

MrsWoman 123

Free Member
Jan 30, 2011
Australia, Melbourne
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
10 years
I love my gas cooker much more than my standard electrical cooker back home the thing is gas is able to cook food much quicker although in smaller motorhomes cooking different meals can be limited does anyone else agree?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have cooked full Christmas dinners and baked cakes in the RV oven but since buying my halogen oven I think the gas oven is now redundant.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Agreed. Also done a full Christmas Dinner, roasts, currys and all sorts in ours. The cooker is pretty much the size of a domestic one at home with all the same feature so why not?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Doreen has just done a full blown leg of lamb sunday roast in ours:thumb:

I wanted good old roasties so we did not use the halogen this week plus we were using the leccy for tumble drying

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I've cooked 3 and 4 course slap up meals for 10 people using a 2 burner cooker with grill and oven - ie the old Flavel caravan cooker. Fair do's - someone else had to re-heat the sauce ..... so the full domestic jobby in the M'H is sheer luxury.

Barry - ever had Marmalade pudding (like Bread & Butter pud but made with Marmalade sandwiches and no dried fruit) using sliced Brioche? - lerrrverly! - one of my standards on hols!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I've cooked 3 and 4 course slap up meals for 10 people using a 2 burner cooker with grill and oven - ie the old Flavel caravan cooker. Fair do's - someone else had to re-heat the sauce ..... so the full domestic jobby in the M'H is sheer luxury.

Barry - ever had Marmalade pudding (like Bread & Butter pud but made with Marmalade sandwiches and no dried fruit) using sliced Brioche? - lerrrverly! - one of my standards on hols!

Sounds like you slum it sometimes then Jenny:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

One of my favourites is Chicken Ding in the microwave:winky::roflmto:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08

No but I will swap you for one of my Vindaloo specials. Cant guarantee you will survive it though!

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Ah. All this talk about food. I just had a vision of last spring sat outside the van early evening in the Pyrenees, 75 degrees, sun shining, plenty of wine and Leffe beer and a selection of French cheeses and bread. It seems a million years away now.

Sunshine, Van, Beer and Cheese and Im happy. Easy pleased me. Not much to ask is it?

Im sick of this winter.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Agreed. Also done a full Christmas Dinner, roasts, currys and all sorts in ours. The cooker is pretty much the size of a domestic one at home with all the same feature so why not?

Huh!!!! Curry...old hat.....
done curries and lemon chicken on me Cadac BBQ`! :roflmto:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I never said I had done them. Just said Done them! Mrs D does Christmas dinner etc.

I cook curry and cheese on toast. Thats about it really. Nobody really eats my curry but me. Mrs D has tried it but she reckons its should come with a government health warning or a radiation shield or something.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Me too Barry and you can't beat a glass of red, baguette and goat's cheese. Yum yum. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
All I want to do is drive my van around France, quaff beer and wine, eat cheese and follow the sunshine. But no. Mrs D keeps sending me out to work so we can live in the deep freeze of the North York Dales. She seems to have a happy little life and doesnt want me spoiling it with my "lets pack in and go full timing" ideas! Oh no. Ive even offered to learn to cook. I have a receipe for Marmalade butter pudding or whatever it was!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back