Free Member
Oct 31, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Arapaho
Exp
September 2016
We don't have a Gaslow conversion and are wondering the best way of getting gas in italy? We are currently in Spain and have been advised to buy repsol bottles and a spanish adaptor. Can we carry on with repsol in italy and just get an Italian adaptor? does anyone know what we need? Many thanks.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Bad news. Only camping gas cylinders are truly international around europe. Repsol is available in spain and potugal. Otherwise each country has their own cylinders that are not exchangeable elsewhere. Hence refillable cylinders. Its true that officialy italy bans using autogas for cooking. I have been refused filling in italy but the next station said ok. So if not fitting refillable cylinder its campihg gas or buying local cylinder in every country you visit.

Badboo

Free Member
Nov 23, 2016
Northern Portugal
Funster No
MH
McLouis Mc2 72 motor home
Exp
This our first!!
Hence refillable cylinders. .
I'm not familiar with how refillable gas bottle work in Europe. If we purchased one can it be refilled at a service station as per Gaslow?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Refillable cylinders have an automatic cut off to prevent overfilling. Most garages will not let you connect direct to a cylinder so you need a fill point. Some garages prefer to see fill point on outside of van rather than inside a locker door.
Different countries use different filler so you need the adapter for the country you are visiting. Dutch/ british bayonet, french dish, acme thread for i dont know where, or euro adapter for spain. They say that the euro adapter will become the norm everywhere at some point......
Not sure if i have answered your question or not!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back