Free Member
Jan 10, 2018
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Elnagh slim 2
Exp
Hi
We are planning a month in Portugal and have been told we have to get fitted for refill Gas bottles, we have two red 6.5 or 7 propane red bottles. Can these be bought in Portugal at all does anyone know.
Many thanks
Sandy

Deleted User
Are your bottles re fillable? If they are you will need adaptors which I have no knowledge of.

It is not possible to buy or exchange proprietary UK bottles in Portugal or anywhere else but the UK, be they Calor or any other brand.

It is however possible, in certain places, to have any bottles re filled, I know of one at Quelfes near Olhao on the Algarve.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I assume your bottles are the standard "Calor" (or other make) ones that you swap when empty? In that case you will not be able to swap these in Portugal, or anywhere else in mainland Europe. Your options are to either fit a refillable system from companies like Gasit, Gaslow or Alugas in which case, with the correct adaptors, you can refill them with Autogas in most places. Or you could leave out one of your Calor ones and try to buy a local one in Spain or Portugal. I understand that can be difficult, but I am sure others will explain more. And you will also need to buy a local adaptor so that you can connect the bottle to your system.

If I were you I would go down the refillable route. If you are handy at DIY you could do it yourself, as I did. Gasit are about the cheapest. You could just put in one refillable and use the second Calor as a permanent spare. That is what I did to start with and it cost me less than £200 for the bits.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
We are near Albufeira if you Google maps gpl there is a place that will fill your calor bottles he says they must be empty befor he will fill them it's called Pedros he will fill any bottle the Germans and French use him a lot. He has all the adapters I intend to try him but have not emptied a bottle yet I will report when I have.
:party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2:

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
What month are you going as I have two portugal bottles oz gas you can exchange or get them refilled all over portugal also the pipe and adaptation that goes onto the bulkhead regulator.

Jfly62

Free Member
May 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Iveco Turbo Daily convers
Exp
2 years
Hiya did you use Pedro's to refill your gas bottle. If so do you know exactly where he is. I have a French Antargaz bottle I'm trying to refill. Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jfly62

Free Member
May 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Iveco Turbo Daily convers
Exp
2 years
Excellent thanks very much

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun