Mijack

Free Member
Oct 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Hi All.... First post here, so forgive the inexperience! :hi:

I purchased one of these propane gas bottle level indicators that screw onto the pipe/bottle. (see pic)
However, when it was on the bottle, it didn't register... even though it's a full bottle. Neither did it feed any gas through to the cooker in the MH.

It's not blocked, as I can blow air through it when it's off the bottle. Am I doing something wrong? Are these not meant to be used on a MH?
Gas Indicator.jpg

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
For some of these you have to reset them after connecting to cylinder and turning on.
Some, similar to your pic, have "push to reset" printed on the dial

Broken Link Removed

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If they are supposed to work by sensing the pressure I can't see how it's going to work until right at the very end of the bottle as the pressure of vapour above the liquid gas will be fairly constant until there's no liguid gas left at least that's the way it would seem to me.

OP
OP
M

Mijack

Free Member
Oct 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
##Update## As per Sandra's post, I found that I had to press the indicator dial (never knew!) as this re-sets it and the dial works. BUT.... it interferes with the 'purge' button on the gas pipe (which Autotrail/Truma fitted).... so when I press the purge button, the needle on the gauge goes to zero and no gas goes through to the cooker. Well... only a residual amount that the purge button pushes through... after that, no gas.

So, I guess this was an idea that will not work on this set up.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Maybe mine were not faulty then. But instructions didn't mention pressing the dial.

I did have a Gaslow one on our boat and that worked very well.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Try a Truma gas level pen hoping it works well as one arriving shortly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Pressure is a very poor indicator of contents. The pressure should remain constant until the bottle is very nearly empty. I had one on a boat and it was no help at all.

Has anyone tried a Truma Level Check or Truma Level Control on an Alugas refillable? Truma say the existing gauge mechanism on refillables interferes with readings.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
A mopeka user here. A well trusted ultrasonic / bluetooth method. Probably the cheapest ultrasonic device, i bought mine amazon.com no problem. Used with gaslow and calor bottles Many other users on fun.

OP
OP
M

Mijack

Free Member
Oct 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Thanks for all your input, people!
I've decided on the simple option of having 2 bottles... switching the pipe over as and when the first runs out. We mainly stay on camp sites for overnighting, so most will have a gas bottle replacement service.
:thanks3:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back