Gas bottle for France and Spain (1 Viewer)

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Are there any gas bottle suppliers which can be found in both France and Spain? At the moment I have 2 UK bottles but I think they will both run out before our trip ends in March. so I've accepted we will have to buy another bottle, but I would rather buy one that can be exchanged in France or Spain if possible.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
Hi Paul
sorry we missed you at Perpignan. You will have problems buying any refillable gas bottle in Spain without an address. Try the flee markets for a used one then swap for a full one , should get you home.
I swapped my uk ones for "Safefill" top it up at UK garages, bought an adaptor and had no trouble in France. shouldn't be a problem in Spain with another adaptor. Beauty of them is you can see the level and top them up whenever you want. Search for them on line there is a lot to read.
Fred

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
If it was me I would opt for a French one if I had to. That way at least you are able to cross border from any direction for nearest stockist.

When intending to cross the channel I swap our two Calor bottles for our two French ones. It works well for us.

Wyn

OP
OP
mustaphapint

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Thanks for the replies. As it happens we only have about 10 days left of our 8 week trip and we haven't yet started our 2nd bottle so we don't need to buy a Spanish one. We did find some S/h Repsols on the market at Denia this morning if we had needed one. Refillable ones sound a great idea but not cheap to install. Now we know how long we can make one last (at least in a warm climate) I'm not so bothered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back