bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
If your on camping marjal they will exchange it, we managed to exchange butano for propano when we was there, if you went to a depot they swap, I've done it at villa nova depot, told them I had Propano but the garage never had any last time. ;) :LOL: Bob.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
@vwalan @matamoros

Yeah tried 3 different Repsol garages, well the first one wasn't Repsol but I saw they sold Repsol bottles and the other 2 were actual Repsol garages. It is the bottle with 2 handles.

When I was in the 2nd hand shop I saw the aluminium bottles but the guy kinda shuffled them out the way and gave me this one. I might go back tomorrow but don't know why they wouldn't exchange this one.

It's a sare fecht for a half loaf :rolleyes:

@bobandjanie Nice that'll give me an excuse to go back to reception and speak to the beautiful Dutch girl behind the desk ;)

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
So I spoke to the lovely Dutch girl at reception and I told her my bottle is the same as the ones they have here.

Paid 15 euro and I have to leave my bottle out on my plot tomorrow morning and I should get the refill dropped off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thats the way. if not on a site you often see gas truck deliveries and they always have spares to swap with.
cheaper than filling at gpl pumps in spain.
just about every village or town has a ferratteria / old fashined gadjet shop that carries adaptors and regulators . mind so do many supermarkets .
just use a uk bottle as back up.
have fun enjoy your trip.

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
I'm getting a propane cylinder delivered today (full) €18 total by repsol man.If I find a a place to get the jumbo con version I will post the address.
Lots of hardware shops sell the regulator you need about €10 I needed a adapter as I have the bulkhead fitting and chap on site went off and got one for €12 .

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Put my bottle that I bought out at the front of the plot this morning, the guy came round and swapped them over.

Took the UK regulator and hose off, popped the new hose and Spanish regulator on and fitted it to the new bottle.

Job's a good 'un. (y)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Well Done,
Next game is to try and guess which night (its always at night) it is going to run out on. And try to exchange it without giving them too much gas back!!:eek:

Is there room in your locker for 2 bottles?

Barry

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
@namwaldog

No just space for the one unfortunately. I'll have a better idea of how long it last now though so will be better prepared.

**stupid question alert**

Why no gauges for propane/butane?

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
There are, but rubbish.
Guesswork is more accurate :)

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
@namwaldog

No just space for the one unfortunately. I'll have a better idea of how long it last now though so will be better prepared.

You could try something like this dunno how good but may give an idea

gas-level-indicator.jpg

Gas Level Indicator.
Click flag to change currency:

more
Now : UK Pound
Price:

£6.99

Gas Level Indicator

Quantity:

Delivery £ 3.80 on most orders

The magnetic Gas Level Indicator sticks to your propane or butane gas cylinder, and a liquid crystal display changes colour to show you the level of gas left.

Placed on the lower half of your cylinder, temperature changes when you are using the gas are sensed, and the indicator reacts like a thermometer, the coldest point being the fill level of your cylinder.

There is no full and empty gauge or window to peek in to see how full the cylinder is, and this Gas Level Indicator is the next best thing.

At 10 x 6cm 4 x 2.5 a clear easy to read indication of FULL, ALMOST EMPTY, and TIME TO REFILL is given.

Remove and reuse over and over.

Current stock is the one in the photograph.

Household Goods & Items > Hardware > Tools > Measuring Tools & Sensors > Gas Level Indicator
lightbulb.jpg
Ideas for you:

ORDER TRACKING
QUESTIONS

FEEDBACK

ABOUT US

SECURITY

PRIVACY

YOUR RIGHTS

SITEMAP
Twitter

Pinterest

Instagram

VAT 788 6436 64
invoices on request

Data Protection Registered
Z771774X

PCI Certified

Recycling
householdgoods.com,
5A-5B Little Mead Industrial Estate,
CRANLEIGH,
Surrey,
GU6 8ND,
UNITED KINGDOM
Gas Level Indicator text, images and video are copyright.

gas-level-indicator.jpg

Deleted User
@namwaldog

If your bottle is reasonably easy to get at why not use handheld luggage scales, all the bottles have a tare weight so easy to find out how much is left in.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
If your bottle is reasonably easy to get at why not use handheld luggage scales, all the bottles have a tare weight so easy to find out how much is left in.

I'm not too fussed. I can easy go a night without gas and exchange next day.

I just thought it couldn't be that hard to fit a gauge in to the reg to tell you how much is left. A bit like the argon bottles for welding.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
When I was there last March and April there was a guy called Steve who put the green stuff down on pitches for people arriving, he could get you anything you wanted, drives a big red panel van around with all his stuff in (English plates) think it was an LDV.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
The second hand shop in Catral has bottles, €10? . The supermarket on site has the regulators. If you want high pressure the iron mongers in Catral sells them. They attach to your regulator using the standard butane thread. We did have some tails in the rally office but think we might have sold out. Should also be able to get the tails from the Motorhome dealers in Elche

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
The second hand shop in Catral has bottles, €10? . The supermarket on site has the regulators. If you want high pressure the iron mongers in Catral sells them. They attach to your regulator using the standard butane thread. We did have some tails in the rally office but think we might have sold out. Should also be able to get the tails from the Motorhome dealers in Elche

Yeah I'm sorted ta but helpful to anyone else who finds themselves in that situation.

Sep 6, 2011
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Con3 XL PVC
Exp
Started 1989
Hi, we’re currently on our 4th winter at Marjal CB. Onsite car boot every month may find you an empty gas bottle ( it did for me) You’ll see a Brit in an old red LDV Maxus post office van out and about the site (can’t remember his name). He’s Mr fixit, he may help you find one. About 10 miles north in Elche is Camping Cruz, mohome superstore for a connector (with or without regulator) if the (large) Chinese store over the Mway in Catral can’t supply one. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Good to see everyone is reading the whole thread :LOL:

May 11, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 635
Exp
Since 2013
Spanish bottle adaptors available at hardware shop in St Joan Alicante with left hand thread outlets without regulator function. Red top type is on/off, black top type is variable flow rate as you turn but not recommended if connecting via pigtail to your onboard regulator. Note you must have a high pressure pigtail commonly used to connect Gasit or Gaslow refillables or if you have a Calor bottle you will need the POL to lht adaptor available from Hamilton gas products as are the 35mm bottle adaptors similar but not the same as the Spanish ones.
Do not use Orange low pressure hose and worm drive clips upstream of the regulator as they are not designed for the higher pressure in the gas bottle. You should only use high pressure hose with wide sleave type crimp fittings directly off the bottle.
Just used this setup to temporarily replace a couple of Calor bottles on our campsite in El Campello.
I will be at the MCC Spanish Group Rally at Marjal Costa Blanca on 11th Feb if you need to speak to me for further information.

Jun 28, 2017
Southam
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix
Exp
Since 2019
In Catral there is a shop that sells used Spanish gas bottles. It is in a turning on the left of the main road coming from Marjal. They charge Euro10. The Repsol garages will not supply a new bottle to you but if you have an exchange to offer - no problem.

Just left Marjal and miss it already

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
ok am I getting trolled now? I've clearly said that I bought a bottle.... From the second hand shop in catral.... And I have now exchanged it for a full one and am cooking on gas.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back