Garmin problem (1 Viewer)

Dec 1, 2020
Brassempouy, south west France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
Our Voyageur is a 2018 model fitted with a detachable Garmin sat nav. Theother day the Garmin freaked out with strange sounds and maps flashing on & off. I contacted Garmin and they asked if I'd cleaned the contacts on the back of the unit and on the mounting recently, which I hadn't. So I bought an aerosol can of switch cleaner and sprayed all contacts liberally. The Garmin came back to life and now works perfectly again. A useful tip to remember.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Our Voyageur is a 2018 model fitted with a detachable Garmin sat nav. Theother day the Garmin freaked out with strange sounds and maps flashing on & off. I contacted Garmin and they asked if I'd cleaned the contacts on the back of the unit and on the mounting recently, which I hadn't. So I bought an aerosol can of switch cleaner and sprayed all contacts liberally. The Garmin came back to life and now works perfectly again. A useful tip to remember.
Our Garmin flashed on and off momentarily [max 5 seconds for entire'process']. Bearing in mind this was on the first 'maintenance journey' after the Van had been with the auto electrician for 9 days for an ECU Airbag, vehicle battery replacement and tracing a wiring fault, it was not a welcome development ... In fact, when I issued my standard 'Oh F**k', Mrs M replied that a] there was nowhere to park; and b] we are both far too old for those kind of shenanigans ... (y)

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back