Marrwyck

Free Member
Jan 29, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
Exp
2 Years
Hi everyone,

Could anyone tell us if there is a list of POI's for a Garmin which cover the following:

Uk & European POI's for:

Autogas Stations
LPG Stations
Motorhome Parking

If anyone can convert POI's from Tom Tom to Garmin that would also be helpful.

Many thxs, ::bigsmile:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
GPSBabel claims to convert between various GPS formats, including Garmin and TomTom. I've never used it, so can't confirm their claims. It's open source, but they do want you to pay a nominal fee and give you a choice of paying $15 or $25.

The Link Removed group maintains a library of map overlay files. For the most part, they are POI files that would be imported to GPS software running on a PC rather than a standalone GPS receiver. But, the GPSBabel software claims to convert to/from these formats. I don't see any UK/European POIs listed, but it might be worth dropping them a note to ask if they/their members are working on them. I've never used any of their downloads, but have read many reports of folks who use them regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have a UK Motorhome Parking PoI set for download (free) on my web site (see below). There are versions for Tom Tom, Google Earth and CSV (for Flash Earth) but there is also a link to the PoIConvertor program by Richard Davies.

Using that program you can convert the Tom Tom version to a set usable on a Garmin device.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

P

paulejw

Deleted User
Hi

Yes also try Motorhome Parking

There are free POI's for parking and a database you can download onto your computer whether laptop or pc. However currently the information is quite small why not help build it up by adding parking locations near you.

Hope this helps.

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Have a look at POIEDIT. It assists in the download and management of POIs. They've pulled together a number of different websites and datasets and automatically convert them into your specific format including TomTom, Garmin and many others.

Regards
Doug

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
Camperstop POI`s

:thumb: I have down loaded POI to my SD card as a file which you can then put in to your Garmin,then when in a town say in Gremany just look at POI on the sat nav it then gives you a page in the camperstop book for you to look at if you like it just press the go and it will then take you to stop.john

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back