Garmin Nuvi - POI for France and other European Aires / Campsites etc (1 Viewer)

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I am having trouble locating Garmin POI i.e GPX, CSV files for France / European Aires / Campsites.

They seem to be TOM TOM version or ASC(whatever that is?) or the POI are listed individually. I be all day tried to download those !?

Would some kind soul email me at mzerogsm@googlemail.com a ready made file to upload to my Garmin Nuvi 265W or direct me to a site which is simply to use :cry:

Dave

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
in my van all over Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
as of may 28, 2009, fulltimer
CampingCard ACSI is a collection of particepating campsites where you can stay for reduced prices in pre- and afterseason. Becoming a member costs €12,95 per year, campings costs €11, €13 or €15 (incl. pitch, 2p, camper or caravan, electricity (4kWh), one dog and shower.
Hopes this helps. Greetings from Holland. Hans.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Dave

download a POI converter then you can convert any POI format to another

I use GPS Babel .. but there are others and some do it on-line with no download needed..

hth

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Go to the Bord Atlas website.
They have a superb download that covers (mainly) Germany. France, Italy, Spain and other European countries.

The website is in German but Google Translator will translate it. You'll need Garmin Communicator add-on for hands free installation or you can install it manually.

There are also many other satnavs catered for.

Web address....Link Removed

sorry about that can't do the short version

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
On our links page - http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/resources-downloads/useful-links/ - we have a list of around 5 pages on other sites that contain all the GPS points we use.

If they aren't in your format then convert with Link Removed which I use and does the job well.

I do have a brilliant autoroute 2010 file with everything in and its great - but reluctant to post as I can't support it and can't convert it to other formats :(

Maybe I will..... Hmmm....

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I am having trouble locating Garmin POI i.e GPX, CSV files for France / European Aires / Campsites.

They seem to be TOM TOM version or ASC(whatever that is?) or the POI are listed individually. I be all day tried to download those !?

Would some kind soul email me at mzerogsm@googlemail.com a ready made file to upload to my Garmin Nuvi 265W or direct me to a site which is simply to use :cry:

Dave

Try these

Link Removed it will convert from lat/long, as in All The Aires Book ,and decimal to go into your garmin.

http://www.gps-data-team.com/ contains lots of files specific to countries and Garmin
Select the country and then accomodation to get to the Aires POI.

I use Google Earth as well to view the location of sites. These are .KML files.

John, g0fgg, Garmin Nuvi 5000.

Archie

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Funster No
25.400 poi's for campingsites

Just a short message to inform you the last update before the summer season of www.archiescampings.eu/eng1 is online now.
So, if you have a navigation system and like camping, please don’t forget to download the latest information before leaving.

I wish you all a very pleasant holiday!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back