scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Got the chance to buy garmin nuvi 255w with all the search for sites added whats your thoughts? Ta

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Quite an old model...I bought one in 2009 (I think)...still using it with the lifetime map updates. Does the job :xThumb:

Has been known to send me down some ridiculously narrow/overgrown/"unsuitable for motor vehicles" roads, but don't they all? Always a good idea to check that it's sending you roughly in the right direction....I used it to get me from the New Forest to Corfe Castle C&CC site and it decided to use the chain-link ferry from Sandbanks to Studland rather than the road around the peninsula. Fortunately I realized in time and it was probably not long after that I realized that "shortest route" wasn't the best route option.

Battery life not great, so you'll need the power adapter. Touch screen on mine is a bit slow. Hmmm.....I'm not selling this very well am I, but honestly I'm still using it and happy with it.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Got a nuvi 250, had it for years took me all round Europe when I was coach driving. Although it's been superceded in the van by a TomTom, it's still going strong in the car. Basic but reliable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I use a 255W and it's fine although I still find roads in Europe it doesn't know about even with the latest maps loaded. It has its moments sending you off down odd roads but generally it works as expected. I've added all the CamperContact POIs to mine.

I could buy a new one but the 255 does the job and is easy to use.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
I have the traffic version of this - 255wt. As a satnav I find it very good. I have 2 other satnavs, built into cars, and this little garmin overall is the best.

my only problem is that occasionally it freezes and then reboots. Never managed to find out why. If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful! (might be a fault but its way out of guarantee)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back