Garmin BC30 Back Up Camera? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Has anyone fitted a Garmin B30 back up wireless camera. If so, what do you think of it? and did you fit it yourself?

colyboy

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Yes and very pleased. It feeds into my Garmin 760LTM sat nag. The van is 10m and it works faultlessly. It puts an icon at the top right of the same nav screen, which you just tap to see the camera view.

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
SuperMike. Many thanks for your reply. Did you fit it yourself? and where did you fit the camera it on your van?. On the Garmin installation guide they fit the camera on the number plate.!

colyboy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Yes and very pleased. It feeds into my Garmin 760LTM sat nag. The van is 10m and it works faultlessly. It puts an icon at the top right of the same nav screen, which you just tap to see the camera view.
Does the BC30 work with the 760? I've just ordered a BC20 for my 760 as I believed that was the one to get. Not sure what the difference is between the BC20 and the BC30 though.

I'm thinking of powering mine from the reversing light so it turns on automatically. But then you lose the flexibility of being able to view it when you're not in reverse - not sure how useful that is.

I'm fitting mine high up as that's where the existing one is (have to replace it as the radio it connects to is misbehaving, so replacing that too).

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
SuperMike. Many thanks for your reply. Did you fit it yourself? and where did you fit the camera it on your van?. On the Garmin installation guide they fit the camera on the number plate.!

colyboy

Sorry, don't actually use it as a backup camera. It is possible mine is a BS20, had it for some time, so have forgotten but it is fitted in the rear bedroom, where it keeps an eye on Management, who because of her disabilities, travels laying on the bed, reading, watching the TV or asleep.

Don't tell the fuzz. :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back