Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Been thinking of a new, motorhome specific satnav, and I see the above is on offer via the Camping & Caravan Club with included free map updates for life and a £50 cashback - I'm seriously tempted - has anyone any experience of this unit and/or advice to offer?

Mike

wessex wanderer

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I asked the same question yesterday Mike, I am going to stick with what i've got and wait for a bit more feedback...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Touchwood

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Thanks guys - I've just got back from a weekend away and jumped straight on with my question before getting up to date with the forums - or I'd have seen the prior thread.

I'm still tempted - got a birthday coming up and Jill has offered to stump up for the Garmin - I can be very non-sensible sometimes!

Partly what prompted me to start thinking about a new satnav was the fact that my years old, un-updated Nuvi seemed to be actively trying to get me lost and wind me up whilst away - I'm pretty sure it thought Selkirk was Bordeaux at one point, has never heard of Ettrick, and assured me Ettrickbridge (which it grudgingly acknowledged the existence of) was 20 miles further on whilst I was actually driving through it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back