Garage Storage (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
Hi All I am about to take delivery of a new van, its the first time I will have had a van with a large garage. Can any off you advise on storage systems or other ideas you have to keep a large garage tidy.
Thanks

Griffithii

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 638EB
Exp
Two years, 5,000 miles, less than 100 nights
We use stackable boxes, labelled for reserve supplies on longer trips.The outdoor tables and chairs soon fill up the space and stop stuff sliding around.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Not exactly storage but more the securing of stored items - we have four poles, floor to ceiling, near each corner of the garage These are excellent for attaching ratchet straps(I do not favour bungees, too stretchy) at any height. There is enough space between them and the walls to secure items behind them as well as in the larger space in the middle between them. Ours are fitted on the outer edge of plinth boxes on which we store smaller boxes and items.

They must have been retro-fitted by a clever previous owner and will be a 'must-have' item for me on any future MH.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
We use stackable boxes, labelled for reserve supplies on longer trips.The outdoor tables and chairs soon fill up the space and stop stuff sliding around.
Really Useful Boxes are brilliant, stackable. mostly 35 l. we use them for the garage where most of the 'stuff' can be kept in there all year round plus we use them in the habitation area where we decant stuff from the house to the motorhome. Haven't need a shelving type system which I thought I might have wanted with the boxes.
Rymans/Robert Dyas have really useful deals on now.
Also have a Fiamma slide bike rack which has also been really useful.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Have fitted some Fiamma storage in mine.
Easy to fix and you can add to it if more storage is needed.
Bought it from Johns Cross Motorhomes very good service plus you get the Funster discount.
D8C73311-C125-49F3-A27F-8A1AB80AB47B.jpeg

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Hi All I am about to take delivery of a new van, its the first time I will have had a van with a large garage. Can any off you advise on storage systems or other ideas you have to keep a large garage tidy.
Thanks
Sorry another thought, we also found an amour plate aluminium or a hard surface on the floor helps as we slide things around and often its a place for things that get wet - bikes, boots/waterproofs. And a ring fixed to the wall for the handcuffs for when the grandkids misbehave.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1998
I have an Internal Bicycle rack and shelves. I also have a small DIY motorbike ramp.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back