Aug 17, 2015
Orpington, Kent
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Motor home
Exp
18 months
Hi everyone,

I have come across this website which I hope will be able to help me please.

I am so pleased I am buying a Peugeot Boxer motor home this weekend. Two berth everything I want.
Hardly done any mileage, beautiful condition. It was registered in 1999. 1905 cc and obviously diesel. I live in Orpington, just inside the London Borough of Bromley. Hence seems to be the problem. It appears no one can confirm that it will need to be converted because of the new emission Government ruling.

I knew when I was purchasing the motor home this would probably have to be done. Since my home lies just within the London boundary for low emission. For the last two days I have been trying to find a garage in my area that would do the conversion and the cost. Not one garage!

Does anyone know of a garage that:
(1) Can tell me if it needs doing (at the moment I do not know the weight of the motor home nor does the seller)
(2) A garage near to Orpington that does the conversion
(3) The approximate cost

I just find it incredible the Government introduces this ruling, yet no garage is able to do it for me when I pick the motor home up this weekend. This is a must obviously as I don't want to fall into the trap of a £100 a day fine.

If anyone can help, I would be so grateful.

Many thanks everyone,

Andrew

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
You can check by entering the vehicles registration number into the L.E.Z. compliance checker on the following link.

Link Removed

OP
OP
A

Andrew Beale

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Orpington, Kent
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Motor home
Exp
18 months
Yes have done that, but still can't find a garage to do the emission to enter London in my area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Is it even possible to do what you're trying to do? I was under the impression that if you don't meet the LEZ criteria that's the end of that.

OP
OP
A

Andrew Beale

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Orpington, Kent
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Motor home
Exp
18 months
Yes according to the TFL website a filter can still be fitted and than has to be approved apparently.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
will cost upwards of 2k and even them it will be poor performance are you sure its deisel? if its petrol lez doesnt apply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
will cost thousands apparently and thats if anyone will even take the job on. this is why you dont see many older motorhomes in london

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back