Garage floor paint - proper one not the MH's (1 Viewer)

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
I have recently extended / modified my garage so that I can park the van undercover. I am waiting a couple of months for the new concrete to dry out and was then thinking of painting with an epoxy paint to lock in the dust.

Anyone tried something similar?

Any problems with the weight of the van causing paint to lift?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Yes, we did this to our garage floor. Don't put the m/h in there as the roof of the garage too low (or m/h too high). It does keep the dust down :)

We are thinking of building a bigger garage on the other side of the house but will need to run the idea past the neighbours first, don't want to upset them :)

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
It's to late with this floor but when you build your new one get the builder to polish the partly dried concrete with a mechanical float, you can hire them from most hire shops looks like a small hovercraft, floor dries like glass afterwards with no dusting.

OP
OP
P

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
It's to late with this floor but when you build your new one get the builder to polish the partly dried concrete with a mechanical float, you can hire them from most hire shops looks like a small hovercraft, floor dries like glass afterwards with no dusting.
Don't plan on building a new one anytime soon!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back