Garage Broken into while away in the Motorhome. Obvious Target? (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I have two of these
Amazon product ASIN
Fooled a builder who asked our neighbour " that dog can't get out can it ?"
Might reassure your wife at night that she would be alerted to someone outside and also it would deter the casual opportunist thief. It works brilliantly through walls.
Don't want to frighten your children though.
Above link doesn't look right, it is this

Barking Dog Alarm - Plug In Electric - Security Device - Intruder Deterrent by Festive Lights

Was on BBC Watchdog

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Pre-charge air rifle? Isn't that classed as a bona-fide firearm? If so, IWHT that the police would be more inclined to investigate?

No it's on or just under the 12ft lb's limit for no licence requirement.
I did have a shotgun cartridge belt in plain view fully stocked but they left that which was smart as getting caught with thouse would be more than a slap on th wrist.

Thankfully I keep my shotguns at the local gun shop since having kids to avoid any accidents so no issues there.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
On positive side
Our MH is on drive and everybody knows when we're gone so they all keep eye out
Having nosey neighbours can sometimes be a bonus

Having a nosey neighbour with a shotgun (licensed) is an even bigger bonus.

He has my permission to use trespassers for target practice while I'm away. :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I would tend to think that it's someone who knows you and your interests so knew what was in the garage...
Dave(y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
First thing I would do is put some opaque film over the exposed window or have the glass replaced with frosted glass.
Even if the garage backs onto someone else's property it wouldn't stop them sneaking in and having a look.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Yea I think they were hoping for a motocross bike.

They did take a lot of tools and my very nice precharge air rifle :-(

And my Allan key set lol. Came to use it tonight and realised it had gone. Typical. At least that was only about a tenner.

You left the Pcp in the garage?
I assume I have the serial No?
Sorry to hear about the break in tho, it worries me that the moho gone is a sign of any of us being away.........

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Pre-charge air rifle? Isn't that classed as a bona-fide firearm? If so, IWHT that the police would be more inclined to investigate?

No
A Pcp is not a firearm provided its below 12 ftlbs if the power is above that it is a firearm and is subject to the relevant legislation including storage in an appropriately placed and secured and approved gun safe.....just saying as I'm involved with the trade!

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
No it's on or just under the 12ft lb's limit for no licence requirement.
I did have a shotgun cartridge belt in plain view fully stocked but they left that which was smart as getting caught with thouse would be more than a slap on th wrist.

Thankfully I keep my shotguns at the local gun shop since having kids to avoid any accidents so no issues there.

Leaving the shotgun ammo on view isn't particularly clever though....

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Leaving the shotgun ammo on view isn't particularly clever though....

When I say in view. Only when your in the garage. There are no visible windows at all in my garage. And the Motorhome is parked in front of the door so even when I am in there with the doors open you can't see anything unless you come in. It's a dark secure fortress unless you break down a wall.

Can't do much to hide anything if that's your plan.

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Move from Yorkshire. (y)

I love Yorkshire. I just need a super secure fortress.

It's gonna cost me though as already looking to upgrade the house doors windows and security measures in the next few weeks. It's already pretty good but gonna go OTT

Here goes thousands of my hard earnt money just because of some thieving b@5t4rd5!!!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I love Yorkshire. I just need a super secure fortress.

"I love Wales", said King Edward. "I just need to build a super secure fortress".
And so he built a few of them. However, (and because Yorkshire and Wales share(d) the same kind of thieving scroats), it all came to naught. Much better (I feel), to flit to an area of infinite beauty, near to the sea, where the locals have a certain.......
Qualité du respect.........
for their neighbors, a place where ladies can hang out their knickers without fear of theft (or abuse), and where cats dont get shot with air rifles. Idyllic, you ask? An impossible dream, you say? Not so. Try property prices in Skegness. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back