Galloway forest visitor center Glentrool (1 Viewer)

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good afternoon

Does anyone know if you can stop the night at the above forest center car park?, I'm only after 1 night as I will be arriving late Friday night, too late for the camp site.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
THere is parking opposite the pub, or past the visitor centre you can usually get parked off road. I don't know what the regs are for the visitor centre car park but the usually prohibit overnight.

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Don't think you can overnight but if you drive past visitor's centre you will see a sign for Glentrool loch circuit , turn right and a couple of hundred yards later there is a carpark for the walk , very quiet and no light , so if stars are out it's some view.
John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I’ve overnighted there a few times and loads at Kirroughtree but had a piece of paper saying I was not allowed last time I was at Kirroughtree. However Glentrool has multiple little parking places and the visitor centre is not open much of the time so I would still use it but park further in nearer to the loch. The worst that can happen is they put a letter on your windscreen for your first offence!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Be aware that there is a weight restriction on the road just before the big car park at the end. I think its three tonnes

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
It doesn't say you can't - go for it - I would, it's not going to be busy

upload_2019-2-25_21-54-48.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Be aware that there is a weight restriction on the road just before the big car park at the end. I think its three tonnes
Yep three ton limit . Robert , Ambulancekidd and his good lady , kindly drove out to check for me as I was going to climb the Merrick. I parked in the carpark I descibed above ,meant a two mile addition to my walk, 'kin knackered at the end :D. Only sign for weight limit is before the bridge at the visitor's centre , warns of limit two miles ahead.
Can't remember a sign for no overnighting at the visitor's centre , but I read something last year that Forestry com clamping down in certain areas of Galloway. Best avoided if you don't want disturbed while asleep, or anything else for that matter(y)(y).
John

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
We parked up at Hogmanay about 600m beyond the visitor centre on the right, there's a load of hard core been laid for forestry operations, room for perhaps three vans. Park late and depart early.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back