Galaxy 270 Water Ingress at front of cab sorted? (1 Viewer)

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
I have been fighting a leak at the bottom of the RH windscreen A pillar, first noticed when I found the curtain wet. Resealed the windscreen and around the front side screen. Still leaked after a blustery rain storm. Finally found the external sidewall above the RH sidescreen was not bonded to the fibreglass front section. One can easily push the skin in about 6mm. I suspect there is no wooden frame at that curved section. Squirted Puraflex 40 White into the area, seems OK when squirted with a hosepipe, awaiting nrxt ranstorm.
May be worth other Galaxy 270 owners checking that area.

20200427_114153.jpg

pigdogs

Free Member
Jun 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hello! I also have a 270 which is letting in some water in thriough the roof where a TV antenna was badly fitted. I will check in that place too. Thanks.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Wow that's terrible construction surely. Hope it was a one off and the others are fully sealed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pigdogs

Free Member
Jun 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Since 2015
Going to check mine later. Going to fix my badly fitted TV antenna with an external 4G antenna, so will see if mine is the same. I've not noticed any gaps to be honest, but you never know.

pigdogs

Free Member
Jun 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Since 2015
Interestingly, mine is sealed in that area and has no gaps. However, further back the sealent was starting to perrish, so I removed as much of it as as possible and re-did it.

Reactions: 68c
OP
OP
68c

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
My van still seems to dry after sealing that side to top seam. It looked like it had sealant before but had come unbonded. It is a twenty year old van so may have had an impact in that region in the past, no sign of it though.
The only odd thing is looking carefully I can see an outline of a painted over 'Pilote' decal top RH as you look at the front of the van, which is larger than the present decal. No obvious signs of a large repair but who knows.
I am happy with this van, as it had a few faults I am not worried about modifying it. Have already moved the hab heating radiator from the RH side to the LH, fitted under the long bench/bed to give more footroom under the bed, also relocated the switch to the dash so can control it on the move. Throw in solar panels, extra battery under passenger seat, external gas point, external 240v socket, dual rear view/reverse camera, 240v fan heater below LH cupboard. Also did not like toilet flush coming from main fresh water tank, do not always want to carry water due to weight and I do like to use the pink, so fitted an extra tank and pump between floors accesible via rear hatch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back