Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
morning all, the bloody seagulls are attacking my solar cables on the roof, a temporary salution has been gaffer tape. But I am looking for something with stronger adhesive power and wider. Ideas please. Thanks in advance Barrie

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Or gaffer tape a pasty onto your (or better still other halfs ) head and go for a walk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Gorilla tape.
http://uk.gorillaglue.com

If what you are using really is gaffer tape, not duct tape, then you are right - it won't stick well. True gaffer tape is designed NOT to stick well, and for use as a very temporary fix on film sets/stages etc. Hence the name. Gorilla tape is very strong - be warned!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Go to Screwfix or other supplier of electrical stuff and buy some self adhesive cable channeling sick it down and put the cable inside it . It is neat and protective keeping the sun off the cables as well as being whit and not showing up. If it does not stick well use a tube gun adhesive to hold it down. It is available with and without the adhesive backing.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Can you put any metal / wire upright "spikes" on the roof? Flexible so they move while you're driving, it's how we keep seagulls off chimneys ( if they build a nest on your chimney, you can't move it if it has eggs/ young so you're stuck with it til they fly off)
I have lengths of wire on my fence which stops birds landing on the fence.m

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Gorilla tape.
http://uk.gorillaglue.com

If what you are using really is gaffer tape, not duct tape, then you are right - it won't stick well. True gaffer tape is designed NOT to stick well, and for use as a very temporary fix on film sets/stages etc. Hence the name. Gorilla tape is very strong - be warned!
Second that. It's very, very, VERY strong.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
You've not had many @ £7.50+ per egg each Im sure
Going back many years my father used to collect a few from the cliffs and also we searched the marshes for pheasants eggs . We had no money and these were gratefully received by my mother .

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
If you do decide to put on trunking, don't forget to leave some way for rain to drain out (little gaps at the bends?), as it will surely get in!!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I was going to suggest conduit or trunking of some sort, depending on how you want to put it on, either a tube type where you put the cable through or a 2 part type where you stick the base down first, then lay the cable in and clip on the top piece.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Going back many years my father used to collect a few from the cliffs and also we searched the marshes for pheasants eggs . We had no money and these were gratefully received by my mother .
Hah - my Dad used to shoot salmon (y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Going back many years my father used to collect a few from the cliffs
Scarborough council used to cull them that way....remove most the eggs, cut the population.

Then the 'do-gooders' got it stopped.
Now the town is over-run with the shit eating flying rats.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back