Gadget To Measure Water When Filling Tank With Hose From £14.99 (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This may a be a gadget too far :wondering: but has some limited use Amazon product ASIN B006MWDQZQ for anyone trying to part fill their motorhome water tank accurately (being mindful of payload) for travelling. Our current internal tank indicator is not accurate at all! We are going to try the Gardena version from Amazon as 5 year manufacturer warranty but cheaper version here Amazon product ASIN B01DU9XQEEHopefully will work well in conjuction with food grade hose & HEOSwater fitting plugged in at that end not the tap end - have had good feedback from others already doing this (y)
Mr Wombles wants a version that cuts off at a set amount of water but couldn't find one like that yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Am I missing something or is it a secret?:rolleyes:
Maybe Amazon links aren't showing? It's the Gardena Water Smart Flow Meter https://www.gardena.com/uk/products/watering/hose-fittings/water-smart-flow-meter/966780901/ £17.99 at Amazon

upload_2018-3-9_16-7-20.png

Alternatively Bradas / White Line Digital Water Meter also here at £14.99 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Water-Fl...424466?hash=item236650c412:g:Vy8AAOSwiylXBBul

s-l1600.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
This may a be a gadget too far :wondering: but has some limited use Amazon product ASIN B006MWDQZQ for anyone trying to part fill their motorhome water tank accurately (being mindful of payload) for travelling. Our current internal tank indicator is not accurate at all! We are going to try the Gardena version from Amazon as 5 year manufacturer warranty but cheaper version here Amazon product ASIN B01DU9XQEEHopefully will work well in conjuction with food grade hose & HEOSwater fitting plugged in at that end not the tap end - have had good feedback from others already doing this (y)
Mr Wombles wants a version that cuts off at a set amount of water but couldn't find one like that yet.
If the internal tank indicator is not accurate then one does not know the contents before measuring the fill, so one does not know the total water load, even after adding the filled amount.

Unless of course one drained the tank before measuring the fill.

I could recount a situation with the fuel in a Viscount aircraft which landed in a field short of Exeter Airport. Everyone walked away unharmed. I was involved in the legal case.

Anyway being found overweight often one is given the option of shedding it and proceeding. If the reason is too much fresh water then shedding that extra weight is easy.

Geoff

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
All flow instruments have a calibration certificate.

form technical data, this meter has as a an accuracy of: ± 5 %

so if you measure a 100 litres, that would be either 95 or 105 litres into the tank.. a difference of 10kg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
From feedback it looks like the Gardena meter has good accuracy but anything is better than our internal gauge that jumps in quarter tank segments!
Did say it might be a gadget too far & not to everyones taste :giggle:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
From feedback it looks like the Gardena meter has good accuracy but anything is better than our internal gauge that jumps in quarter tank segments!
Did say it might be a gadget too far & not to everyones taste :giggle:

I though the information would be useful for others when deciding whether to purchase or not.. the data is from Gardena technical information .. >

Technical data:
Water temperature: 5 - 40 °C
Flow area: 2 - 30 l/min
Ambient temperature: 5 - 60 °C
Operating pressure: 12 bar
Measurement tolerance: ± 5 %
Measuring range: (at least ± 0,5 l)
Flow max. 1800 l/h

nothing to do with it being a gadget too far or personal taste .. just data

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I’m looking forward to seeing your new toy in a couple of weeks - do you charge for viewing?
I intend using it instead of an optic on the scotch bottles .. measuring in gallons will be more apt than gills with you around!:beerchug::rofl:

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Someone on Facebook with the same idea

Does anyone know where to get the blue but in this picture, hose pipe connector to tank?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Does anyone know where to get the blue but in this picture, hose pipe connector to tank?
It's a HEOSwater Universal - great bit of kit (y) - around £22 delivered.

If you search on the forum lots of good reviews - used to be difficult to find the right one but now the Universal version should have solved that.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have an excellent, reliable and cheap method of calculating when I have sufficient water in my tank.
When my foot gets wet the tank is overflowing and I have 170 litres in it.
Foolproof and simple. (y):D:D

Richard.
And trousers when it comes back out the inlet as well, means I managed to get 180 Lt in my 160 Lt tank.:ROFLMAO:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Now what would be really useful would be flow sensors on the inlet & outlet of the tank with a readout giving accurate tank levels in litres and monitoring your daily useage. You could then adjust your consumption depending on when you are next able to fill up.
Nothing worse than filling up from a Borne, putting a 100 Lt in then putting another €2 in the slot to find you can only get 20 Lt of the 100 you paid for.:D

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I'm supposed to travel with the 100 litre fresh tank only half full.

That's 5 trips from the tap with a 10 litre watering can. Simples. And good exercise too.

[My gadget-a-holic side is sorely tempted by the in line meter thingy but I must stop collecting so many gadgets.]

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Now what would be really useful would be flow sensors on the inlet & outlet of the tank with a readout giving accurate tank levels in litres and monitoring your daily useage. You could then adjust your consumption depending on when you are next able to fill up.
Nothing worse than filling up from a Borne, putting a 100 Lt in then putting another €2 in the slot to find you can only get 20 Lt of the 100 you paid for.:D
get a dip stick?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back