Gadget To Measure Water When Filling Tank With Hose From £14.99 (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I note some have advocated using watering cans, buckets etc.

I think that they are only for MHomers who

1 Cannot start the engine to get to a service tap

2.Are fussy enough to go on blocks

3. Are stuck in the mud

4. Too mean to buy a reasonable length hose

5. Want to get away from the wife/husband for 10-15 minutes.

Whatever you fill with, as I said before if you want to carry XX lt for weight, you have to know how much is in there before filling with whatever quantity - anyone who thinks differently is a tititity short of a quant.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
It's arrived courtesy of Amazon Prime.... shall have a play in the morning (y)
20180310_175323.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I was filling my watertank on arrival at a Haven holiday site and was not used to this van as it was new to me ,I thought this is taking a long time to fill and extracted the hose and the jet of water went about 60 yards ,so after getting soaked in the process I found to my dismay the pressure had blown the top off the tank and I had been filling the double floor which was not a great idea and when I opened the side locker Niagra Falls ,It took me a while to dry out all the stuff I had packed into that space but was a valuable lesson to learn :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I was filling my watertank on arrival at a Haven holiday site and was not used to this van as it was new to me ,I thought this is taking a long time to fill and extracted the hose and the jet of water went about 60 yards ,so after getting soaked in the process I found to my dismay the pressure had blown the top off the tank and I had been filling the double floor which was not a great idea and when I opened the side locker Niagra Falls ,It took me a while to dry out all the stuff I had packed into that space but was a valuable lesson to learn :rolleyes:
:eek:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm supposed to travel with the 100 litre fresh tank only half full.

That's 5 trips from the tap with a 10 litre watering can. Simples. And good exercise too.

[My gadget-a-holic side is sorely tempted by the in line meter thingy but I must stop collecting so many gadgets.]
Why not fill before you park up if you are travelling that day and open the wine earlier?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
That's the one reason I dislike any device that seals the hose connection to the van. The tank breather is not intended to pass more than a dribble and a hose connection, at full bore, sealed to the tank, is likely to have the effect you describe.

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Overflows it’s full
Nothing come out tap empty
Same garden hose for 10 years and still living.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Why not fill before you park up if you are travelling that day and open the wine earlier?

Before we leave home I put in 50 litres using the trusty watering can. So far, we haven't needed a top up with the hose - that's still in its original packaging. There's always quite a lot left when I drain the tank after the trip.

We managed with only a 25 litre fresh tank in the previous van, so I guess we are used to rationing on-board water, and having copious hot showers in the site facilities block which after all is included in the pitch fees. On-board showering must be why others keep refilling theirs.

Each to his/her own ..

PS Opening a cold beer is faster than uncorking wine! :D

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
From the website & translated (Google not me!):

"The new HEOSwater connector ® universal fuel filler cap is in its delivery condition, with the base ring, applicable for the common filler neck with bayonet lock (tank cover Ø 77 mm).

The HEOSwater connector ® universal is supplied with 2 additional components. As a result, the fuel filler cap can also be used for small diameter filler nozzles such as those manufactured by Dethleffs, LMC, TEC as of 2010, or other manufacturers using these filler nozzles, as well as for water tanks with or without overflow.
With the supplied gasket, the HEOSwater connector ® universal can only be used for water tanks with overflow.
If you take the second component (additional ring), the HEOSwater connector ®universal can be used for small diameter filler neck (cover +/- 67 mm).

To change the component (ring 67 mm), push the tank cap in and turn it over, then gently remove the existing component (ring) with a small flat-blade screwdriver and press in the other ring.

Due to the sprung sealing surface there is no danger of overpressure in the water tank. At low overpressure the HEOSwater connector ®universal opens automatically and air / water escapes at the filler supports.
Please note that the HEOSwater connector ®universal does not automatically lock when the tank is full."

Need to read all the above & make sure you use the right bits then should be fine.
We don't always fill or top up by hose but very handy when we do but don't use tap on full mains pressure just a good steady flow.
This is our other new toy for this summer https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/colapz-food-grade-space-saving-watering-can-from-£12-35-delivered.169730/ :)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back