G Series Windscreen (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
A couple of questions for G series owners circa 2014. Does anyone else have an issue with wind (external) noise coming from the front of the cab when driving?
Also has anyone else had an issue with the rubber round the windscreen looking as if it is pinched behind the screen?(I did stop at AMC near Hailsham and they have a 2019 G650 which has the same issue.) I reseated ours today as I thought it might be the source of the noise but its not made a difference apart from looking better.
Sorry no pics as its persistantly raining at the mo.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Check the drivers side sliding window is fully closed and check the passenger side door is fully closing, especially at the top.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Check the drivers side sliding window is fully closed and check the passenger side door is fully closing, especially at the top.
Thanks - have checked both of them already. Noise appears to be coming from the drivers side Windscreen. Cant actually feel any draught but the screen is a long way to reach when driving.
I am wondering if its just the noise of the air where the aerial is fixed to the outside of the van,

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
If you have top mounted mirrors having them too close to the van will cause noise.
Thanks - not thought of that although I would expect the noise to be the same for the passenger side as well although the side windows are different on the left and right? (will check they are the same distance though and maybe move drivers out a bit more)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Thanks - not thought of that although I would expect the noise to be the same for the passenger side as well although the side windows are different on the left and right? (will check they are the same distance though and maybe move drivers out a bit more)
It's quite critical. On mine (Le Voyageur) moving a mirror 10mm starts it or stops it. I'd be tempted to move each one out 25mm then test. The noise is exactly the same as you'd get from a window or piece of trim.

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
It's quite critical. On mine (Le Voyageur) moving a mirror 10mm starts it or stops it. I'd be tempted to move each one out 25mm then test. The noise is exactly the same as you'd get from a window or piece of trim.
I have tried moving the mirror out in stages but cant get rid of the noise. To move it out any further I need to move the body of the mirror so that I can adjust the mirror to be able to see in it. I dont suppose you would measure the distance yours is from the window to the mirror so I can maybe gauge where to set mine?
Thanks
Colin

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
In post number 4, you said an aerial was fixed to the outside of the van. What aerial are you referring to?

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
In post number 4, you said an aerial was fixed to the outside of the van. What aerial are you referring to?
Its the FM aerial on the drivers side screen pillar but I think we ruled that out as the noise does change if I move the mirror arm.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Reason for asking was I didn't think an external radio aerial was standard factory fit.

I didn't suffer any noise from the mirrors on my 2016 G740, I guess I must have been lucky that the mirrors were in the right place from new.

Hope you get this sorted.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have tried moving the mirror out in stages but cant get rid of the noise. To move it out any further I need to move the body of the mirror so that I can adjust the mirror to be able to see in it. I dont suppose you would measure the distance yours is from the window to the mirror so I can maybe gauge where to set mine?
Thanks
Colin
Mr Colpot Measured at the closest point the O/S mirror is 40mm from the side of the van & the N/S is 50mm. If your mirrors are the same as mine the arm can be moved away from and towards the bodywork without tools ie. by hand. Similarly the mirror head can be twisted on the arm by hand. My mirror heads were too stiff to move but once the back is removed a pair of clamps can be eased / lubricated. If you need to remove the backs 4 screws are visible (and accessible) at each corner of the glass. I set the electrical adjustments mid-travel then adjusted the mirrors by moving the arms / mirror-heads for no noise & best view. The electrical adjustment can then be used for fine tuning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back