Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
We're in Vivonne not far from Poitiers. Thinking we might try the Futuroscope. Anyone been? Worth a visit?

voyager 1

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Durham Tees valley
Funster No
MH
c class Swift voyager
Exp
30+yrs
Hi
If you have never been go for it, its a good day firework and lazer show on a night is good. You can stay over on the car park i can`t remember how much it was, plenty of motorhomes there so you don`t feel isolated. Recomend you get there before the park opens as it is a full day if you want to see everything . Take in a picnic or you can buy your food in there plenty of food outlets . Whatever you decide to do happy travels and safe journeys.

Ron ( aka):Smile: voyager1

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Go for it you will like it, when you get the site map it gives you the times that each area is open so that helps you plan your visit, the laser show at night is really good. I think you can park overnight. :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:roflmto::roflmto:
WE VISITED IN 2009 AND STAYED ON THE AIRE FOR TWO NIGHTS SO WE COULD SEE ALL OF THE PARK OVER TWO DAYS, SAFE PARKING AND LOTS TO SEE AND DO, OUR GRANDAUGHTER LOVED IT AND THE LAZER SHOW AT THE END OF THE DAY SHOULD NOT BE MISSED. GO FOR IT!!!!!

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you've not been before, definitely give it a go. If you've been within the last 5 years you won't see many changes if you re-visit - there's not a very fast turnover of attractions there. Probably best to go on the dancing robot arm thingy before your lunch rather than straight after it - you'll see what I mean. The night time laser show is different - don't miss it.

Aire in the car park is only 3 Euros if you arrive after 5pm and leave before 8am, otherwise more. No shortage of spaces so you can arrive any time. The barrier has a 3.5m height limit but we're slightly more than that (around 3.8m) and still got under it at Easter.

Close by, next junction North up the D910 - big shopping centre including Auchan supermarket and MH friendly Auchan petrol station if you need to stock up on essentials.

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Go for it

As you can see below Giddy envied me as well

Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

Paul and Ineke

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
Futuroscope/French economy

Well we took your advice and went yesterday. Good day out and glad we went but would probably not go again. Some very clever special effects and some of the "rides" were quite scary. I say "rides" as you don't really move but your chair shakes about quite a bit and you think you are hurtling along.

Have either paid E14, E32 or nothing for one night on aire. Thought we'd left within the 25 hour time span but apparently not. Had problems with the machine (again) as it didn't like our visa card and you couldn't pay cash. Had to push help button and got friendly lady but with no English at all. My French is only slightly better than schoolgirl standard but after following various instructions the barrier went up and we got out. I didn't have the card or ticket in the machine at the time so perhaps it was free. On the other hand I was pushing the card in so often we may have ;paid 3 times! Won't know until we can get safely on line to the bank to check.

We're on our way back home now having done our bit to boost the French economy which I think needs all the help it can get. So few tourists about, shops and bars mostly empty or closed down/up for sale. I'd be interested in others' views on this. I suppose the weather hasn't helped. In over three weeks we've only had about 10 days decent weather.

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
We just overnighted there at Easter, no problems at all, and when we came to leave, we just produced my Blue Badge and it was free of charge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back