Fuses on a Lunar Roadstar 620 (1 Viewer)

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
This is my first post... Hi Everyone!

My girlfriend and I have just bought a 2005 Lunar Roadstar 620. We've been through every locker, cupboard etc but can't find the 12v habitation fuses. I assume there should be some, the wiring diagram in the owner's manual suggests there is... any ideas?

Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have you tried the bottom of the wardrobe?

OP
OP
Beakster

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
Yep, had all the panels at the bottom off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Beakster

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
The only fuse I can see is the main one by the leisure battery. Surely there would be others, or trip switches?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have a look where your electric hook up cab connects and see if its on the inside somewhere near that.

OP
OP
Beakster

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
The main control box.. would that be in the engine bay with the other fuses? It's on a Fiat Ducato chassis, I assume there will be fuses relating to the vehicle in the engine bay. Sorry to sound so inept with this! Even the dealer we've bought it off can't tell us where they are!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The main control box.. would that be in the engine bay with the other fuses? It's on a Fiat Ducato chassis, I assume there will be fuses relating to the vehicle in the engine bay. Sorry to sound so inept with this! Even the dealer we've bought it off can't tell us where they are!
No the control panel I refer to is in the hab area and controls battery charging lighting etc. ..

OP
OP
Beakster

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
There's a panel to turn on the leisure battery, water pump, check the water level etc. I don't think there are any fuses here. I'm thinking they would be fairly obvious, easy to get to.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
There's a panel to turn on the leisure battery, water pump, check the water level etc. I don't think there are any fuses here. I'm thinking they would be fairly obvious, easy to get to.
That's the most likely place .either trip switches or maybe screw in type fuse holders .mine has just trip switches. .

OP
OP
Beakster

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
Okay. I'll check that out again tomorrow. Thanks

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We have just lost our Landstar 720. But I cannot for the life of me recall where there were any 12v fuses!! There was one on a new lead on the live from the Leisure battery that a previous owner had installed to fit a new USB feed. That was under the drivers seat.
There was also a fuse in the cassette compartment for the flush pump.
There was a lot of the 12v wiring in the space behind the Carver heater that we could access by removing a drawer above it.

I found that the Service Dept at Todds Leisure. Lostock Hall, PRESTON Tel 01772 335360 were a font of knowledge as they were always Lunar Main Dealers

Is there a particular 12v component that isn't working?

I don't know if your upholstery is the same as ours was, but we had left the components for the bed in the Luton at home when we went to Spain so they are still here if they are of any use to you..
IMG_20170213_152535[1].jpg

We also have the manuals for the Motorhome and the appliances in it.

Another thing we worked out late on was that if the engine was running or even if the ignition was on there was no 12v power!

OP
OP
Beakster

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
Interesting that you couldn't find fuses either. There are a few issues - gas not working on the water heater (240v is fine), gas or 12v not working on the fridge (240v is fine), 12v not working on the toilet, the fan for the Truma Vent is not working. We've only had it 2 weeks and the dealer is supposed to be sorting the problems as they've been there since we've had it, but it makes us think we should know where things like fuses are. We're off to Europe for 8 months and want to know how everything works.

OP
OP
Beakster

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
P.S Thanks for the offer of bed parts, manuals etc, but as we're away we won't have anywhere to store them!

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Regarding the gas water heating, you have to take off the gas vent cover on the outside of the MH. Don't know where it is on the 620 but it will be directly outside from the boiler.
The toilet flush was iffy on ours and was often down to the agitator on the pump in the reservoir tank being stuck but you would be able to tell if there was power to it as it made a noise when the button was pressed even though it didn't flush.

Just been having a look through the manual which covers the 620 as well as ours and have found this which tends to indicate that there are are 6 fused outputs on the PMS4 charger . Ours was under the bench seat where the 240v hookup came into the van.

IMG_20170220_221519.jpg

sorry about the poor image above but you can just make out " DC outputs" on the bottom R H Corner of the diagram and it gives fuseways 1 to 6 and their size.
IMG_20170220_221543.jpg

I hope this helps and you can get sorted before Spain. Have a good time

OP
OP
Beakster

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
Thanks Barry. The cover is off. We've got the same manual although the PMS4 does not appear to be fitted to our vehicle. The manual is dated April 04 and our vehicle is the next year. I'm thinking that the wiring diagram may also be wrong?

This is the charger and mains fuses under a bench seat. I assume this would be the PMS4 if fitted?
IMG_1599.jpg

This is the control panel we have.

IMG_1598.jpg

This is the page from the manual with the wiring diagram. As there is no PMS4, this could be wrong.

IMG_1597.jpg

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Our charger was next to the 240 v mains consumer unit as yours is but your charger looks different to ours. Try identifying the charger and googling that for a manual or contacting Todds leisure to see if they have any ideas.
To my mind if there are replaceable fuses they should be within easy access and at worst, removing a couple of screws to remove a panel. I never had reason to look behind the CMS2000 panel so I don't know what is behind there.
Is it worth physically trying to follow a particular 12v cable by their colour from say the toilet flush back through the MH to see if it leads you to the fuses. I know its frustrating but the added bonus is that by doing things like this it helps you understand the workings of the MH more :):)

Last edited:

Bilbat

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2014
Hi. We have a 2005 Roadstar 720, 2 berth. I don't know the layout of your motorhome but the fusebox in mine is in a cupboard above the fridge freezer. A black box screwed to the side. we have the same charger and mains switches and the same control panel. I hope this helps.

OP
OP
Beakster

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
I've had a few people look, none of us can find anything. They must be so obvious we're missing them, or hidden somewhere strange.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
We have the same MH same year too. The fuses are in two locations 1lot in the panel under the glove box And the second lot in the engine bay RHS. The gas water heater requires you to switch it on from a switch at the back inside of the wardrobe.There are two switches in there one for electric central heating fire and the other for the gas water heater.Pleas PM me if I can help you further. Ian

OP
OP
Beakster

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
This sounds more familiar! There are 2 switches in the wardrobe. One for 240v heater, one for 240v water. I'll go and rummage in the glove box and engine bay...

OP
OP
Beakster

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
If you don't mind I'll keep this post going rather than PM you, just in case this is useful to anyone else in the future.

Here's what I've found.

Left side of cab
IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

Right side
IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

Engine bay
IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I have the same in my Peugeot boxer but don't think there is anything fused in there for the hab ..could be wrong so watching this thread with interest.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I think the plate next to the brake fluid container (Pic5 engine bay) holds the split charge relays and some of the habitation fuses. That is where they were on my 786.

Other fuses I found under the wardrobe floor behind the fire.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Do you have a copy of the Lunar 620 handbook-if not I can camscan any page you want next time I'm at the MH storage yard

OP
OP
Beakster

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
I do have the original handbook, but it refers to a different parts. Its says there should be a PMS4 unit. I don't have that. It's dated April 04. Do you have a handbook dated 2005 that might have the relevant info?

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
To be honest I don't know when it is dated. I'll be at MH at the weekend and I'll check then for you
Ian

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We don't have a PMS4 unit

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun