Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
i bought a few of these 30amp trips to use in my solar installation , my question is sure these do not have a fuse in them ? They are just miniature version of the trips installed in a house and when there is a fault it just trips.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You did add 12volt to your search for your 30 amp re setable fuses???if not you may have bought miniture 240v breakers
like these

F7142126-01.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Sorry posted this on tablet and thought I had added the link
Link Removed

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Yep they will trip on over load -- or use them as a switch to isolate the panel by pressing the little button.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks @Stealaway , sure there is not fuse in these , in case I ever have any problems in the future ?

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Thanks @Stealaway , sure there is not fuse in these , in case I ever have any problems in the future ?

Item Specifications

A Circuit breaker offers protection of your Car Audio system over powers or has a short. The Circuit breaker will then close the open circuit to avoid damage being caused. Once this happens there is no need to replace a fuse, you simply push the switch back to open the circuit again

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Unless it is the spring that fails :xgrin::xlaugh:

You could just use a fuse? A lot more reliable and failure proof I have marinised versions on my boat, Blue Sea, a reputable well know make and I have to carry spare circuit breakers due to sudden failure, not overloading. I keep promising myself that I will get round to putting simple inline fuses in.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Then you'll have to carry spare fuses? Where does it end? :Eeek:

A fuse doesn't go wrong, just blows when something is wrong. which shouldn't really ever happen. Spring loaded circuit breakers are prone to fail

I know as our workshop guys will start there when we are being paid to fault find.

The cheaper the build the worse they are.

In my opinion way too over engineered what what is a precaution fuse that should never need replacing under normal circumstances

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
A Circuit breaker offers protection of your Car Audio system over powers or has a short. The Circuit breaker will then close the open circuit to avoid damage being caused. Once this happens there is no need to replace a fuse, you simply push the switch back to open the circuit again

Just to clarify in case you're confused. The writer of this blurb (the manufacturer, not Stealaway obviously) is blissfully ignorant of even simple electrical terminology.

When a circuit becomes faulty, the circuit breaker will 'open' the circuit to stop the current flow. This writer seems to think it 'closes' like a gate to stop the current.

When the fault is fixed, the circuit breaker can be 'closed' to allow current to flow again. This writer says it 'opens' (like a gate) to allow current flow.

So if you weren't confused by his description, you jolly well should have been.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just to clarify in case you're confused. The writer of this blurb (the manufacturer, not Stealaway obviously) is blissfully ignorant of even simple electrical terminology.

When a circuit becomes faulty, the circuit breaker will 'open' the circuit to stop the current flow. This writer seems to think it 'closes' like a gate to stop the current.

When the fault is fixed, the circuit breaker can be 'closed' to allow current to flow again. This writer says it 'opens' (like a gate) to allow current flow.

Thank you. saved me typing it all out.
Obviously written by a Chinese interpreter.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

Quite right I didn't read it. The explanation is arse about face. :Eeek:
Just a seller -with no experience of electrical circuits.:doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
And the push button is a 'push to test' or isolation button, not a reset as in the description.
Reset by turning the lever.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
You would think saying a most things these days seem to be made in China , that they could not make a decent translater :)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
it always confuses me that an circuit doesnt flow where as on heating an open circuit does
Yes that is deliberate, so that when water flows from your wall sockets you know you have a problem
My Electricity is supplied by British Gas I leave plugs in all my wall sockets to prevent leaks , lifes mysteries eh!!!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
A fuse doesn't go wrong, just blows when something is wrong. which shouldn't really ever happen. Spring loaded circuit breakers are prone to fail

I know as our workshop guys will start there when we are being paid to fault find.

The cheaper the build the worse they are.

In my opinion way too over engineered what what is a precaution fuse that should never need replacing under normal circumstances

@eddievanbitz Hi mate
dont know if it will help but here's my Trade Guide to Fuses It will help you guys fault find whether you pay em or not
Ps Prob a trade secret but Ill ask anyway, where do they start when your not being paid ?

Funsters may also make free use of my Guide

fuses.jpg 1.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back