Fuse switches (1 Viewer)

Caroline Semere

Free Member
Jun 14, 2018
Funster No
I am a new owner of a Fiat Ducato Luna Newstar 58 2001. I am puzzling over two fuse switches. One in the back of the wardrobe and one next to the heater control on the face of the wood under the seating area. Any help with the purpose of these would be very appreciated. Thank you!

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Well personally I would switch one to off and see what doesn’t work. It’s surprising what you find when you start ferreting around in the back of cupboards. You also get to know where everything lives

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
A photo or two would help to identify them.

I'd guess the one at the back of the wardrobe is the main switch for all the mains electrics, especially if it's near the mains inlet, where you plug in the mains power cable.

The one near the heater might be for the mains-powered heater element. Gas heaters often have them as a second heating method. Useful if on a site with mains power and you're short of gas.

There are two kinds of 'fuse switches', which give two different kinds of protection. There's a third kind, which combines the two protections into one switch, but they are not very common. In the jargon, they are called RCDs, MCBs and RCBOs

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back