fuse panel on ?swift transformer (1 Viewer)

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I seem to have some difficulty with the swift transformer/charger panel. From reading the swift owners manual my setup is not the same. The panel in my van has a row of fuses behind a perspex panel which i noticed that one of the fuses is either blown or not sitting in place. How do i get this cover off to replace the fuse.

I tried running the lights, but although they go on there is a loud humming noise which appears to be coming from under the dining seating?.

As this is my first motorhome I am a complete novice. The owners handbook is not much help to be honest.

Am I assuming that the lights only work off the leisure batteries?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

If the oracle of good advice doen not appear (PappaJohn) by all means give our workshop a ring and pick their brains:thumb:

Peter

crag

Free Member
Jan 17, 2008
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Years
I know your MH is a little older than mine but I iamgine the inners to be similar.

I believe the plastic cover over the fuses just pulls off.

The humming noise wouldn't be your fresh water pump would it, as that's where mine can be found. Lift the seat up and all will be revealed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Oooooooh!!!!

if its the same as mine the perspex panel is like a little oblong box.
squeeze both ends together and it should come off quite easy.

got mine in the garage so i'll take a piccy of it and post it here to see if its the same.

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Thanks for the info guys.
Never tried squeezing the panel .....will try that....

how do i turn the water pump off...... Geez this is getting me soooo frustrated...I think i need to have a day lesson on how everything works...Unfortunately the guy who sold it to me drove it done from scotland...by then it was dark and he had to get back home. i tried several times emailing him, but he never replied. I should really take it for a check , but scared to incase its condemmed!!!!! lol only joking ...i hope

As always always a helping hand here when you need it.....

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sorry, must have been thinking about a different one.
mine is just a chargerpower supply with the fuses seperate to it in a box of their own.

there should be a switch on the control panel to turn the pump on/off.

the humming will be the charger.....the pump wont hum.....just quietly clunk/thud as it pumps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

crag

Free Member
Jan 17, 2008
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Years
On your control panel there should be 3 rocker switches in a row. Middle, red one is your water pump, which pressed to the left is off.
Left rocker switch is your battery selector, either engine or habitation battery. Right rocker switch is your water levels. pressed left should show your level of your fresh water tank, Pressed right should be your waste water level. (The waste water level only seems to show a reading when the tank is full)

(I'm guessing you will have the same control panel as I)

Pappajohn, the pump if the same as mine, is a submersible in the fresh water tank under the dinette seat nearest the bathroom, so will more likely be a buzzing noise rather than a thud/clunk

Last edited:
OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
i think that although my kontiki was registerd in 1991, it looks like a 1990 model inside , so i guess it was an older model...mine does not have the leaded light corner cupboard.(i looked at a 1990 & 1991 models on sale)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back