Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
Do any of you know where we can find the location of the fuse for the electric rear view mirrors? We have a 2014 Hymer starling B680 on a MB. The top section of the mirrors are working but the small bottom part is not (both sides). The manuals imply they are under the nearside (UK) passenger seat but they are not! There are some located in front of this seat to the left but the manual says that the fuse for the mirrors is No.48 and there are not 48 fuses there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Have you looked down underneath the other seat? It's low down.

Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
We have a 2001 MB Hymer B680 (RHD) the motor fuses are under the steering column and the “home” fuses are in the vicinity of the passenger seat, oh and it’s a “STARLINE” 😉👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sarah

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
We have a 2001 MB Hymer B680 (RHD) the motor fuses are under the steering column and the “home” fuses are in the vicinity of the passenger seat, oh and it’s a “STARLINE” 😉👍
I will have another look today. We definitely have nothing under the NS (passenger) seat just some on the left of the passenger foot well. The fuse diagram on either the MB book or the Hymer fuse diagram don't seem to match in location or numbers!

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have you got the manual for the MB part of the Hymer, that should give the location for mirror fuse.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sarah

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
Have you got the manual for the MB part of the Hymer, that should give the location for mirror fuse.
I have yes and will have another look. I presumed that because the mirrors where Hymer spec and not what would have been on the MB it might have a different location. My very clever friend also electrician will be here soon so we can go and look again and then post my findings. So far it seems that all the manuals are generic and we haven't found a diagram that matches what we have. I suppose I was hoping that someone with same MH would be able to tell me where it was located.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have yes and will have another look. I presumed that because the mirrors where Hymer spec and not what would have been on the MB it might have a different location. My very clever friend also electrician will be here soon so we can go and look again and then post my findings. So far it seems that all the manuals are generic and we haven't found a diagram that matches what we have. I suppose I was hoping that someone with same MH would be able to tell me where it was located.
No Hymer would just re-route the original wing mirror wiring, well they have on my 2001 Fiat based one.

Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
I will have another look today. We definitely have nothing under the NS (passenger) seat just some on the left of the passenger foot well. The fuse diagram on either the MB book or the Hymer fuse diagram don't seem to match in location or numbers!
You may have opened a can of worms, I shall be looking in the other places mentioned to see if I’ve not found all mine 😳👍🧐

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
I have a B585 Starline on a Mercedes, fuse No 48 is located under the drivers seat (RHD)

20210617_095651.jpg

However, as DavidG58 said, the bottom mirror is not controlled remotely.

The other bank of fuses on mine is located under the dashboard on the nearside

Pete

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sarah

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
I am sure the bottom of mine are electric. Also they won't move by pushing. I have attached a picture of my mirror control switch which definitely has four areas. The switch points to the top and bottom both sides.

IMG_1564.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sarah

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
Just to add it is actually a B690! How am I supposed to find fuses when I don't even know what my MH is!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sarah

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
I don’t think the bottom bit adjusts, it doesn't on ours anyway, on ours it’s the wide angle section 👍

we only have one switch , slide for left or right then move as needed, but only moves top bit

All of our ‘cab’ fuses seem to be above near side footwell
Thank you but mine has a different switch I think. I have attached a picture a couple of comments above.

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Not sure if this helps, our 2019 Burstner lower mirror is not electrical adjusted only the top larger ones

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thank you but mine has a different switch I think. I have attached a picture a couple of comments above.

I really think that only moves the top bit 🤔

this is mine

image.jpg
image.jpg

I did think I might have found an answer, taking the photo I found the switch under the mirror control switch, never seen it before in 8 years ownership :whistle2: you can’t see it sat in drivers seat

thought maybe it swapped top and bottom mirror controls

it definitely doesn’t , but I now have no idea what it does do 🤔 possibly the heated mirrors ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sarah

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
I really think that only moves the top bit 🤔

this is mine

View attachment 507807View attachment 507806

I did think I might have found an answer, taking the photo I found the switch under the mirror control switch, never seen it before in 8 years ownership :whistle2: you can’t see it sat in drivers seat

thought maybe it swapped top and bottom mirror controls

it definitely doesn’t , but I now have no idea what it does do 🤔 possibly the heated mirrors ?
Well you have the same switch so maybe your right. I am 90% sure I altered the bottom mirrors with this control last time I drove it! When my husband got in to drive a couple of weeks later he said the bottom mirrors were in the wrong place for him. I told him I had altered them and how but they didn't work. He tried to move them by hand and thought they were electric as they wouldn't move. I might be going crazy!

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
I am sure the bottom of mine are electric. Also they won't move by pushing. I have attached a picture of my mirror control switch which definitely has four areas. The switch points to the top and bottom both sides.

View attachment 507804

I have a similar control panel as yours, however the switch only works the top mirror in the 10 o clock and 2 o clock position. The bottom convex mirror is prepositioned.

20201121_134910.jpg

20210617_113004.jpg

Pete

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sarah

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
I have a similar control panel as yours, however the switch only works the top mirror in the 10 o clock and 2 o clock position. The bottom convex mirror is prepositioned.

View attachment 507819
View attachment 507820

Pete

View attachment 507819
View attachment 507820

Pete
Thank you, I think it is safe to say I must of imagined that I have adjusted the bottom mirror with this button.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thank you everyone for your help. It appears that I have imagined that I have adjusted the bottom mirrors with the controls! However all is not lost as we now know where the fuses are if we do have a problem. 😊

can you resolve my newly found switch please, technically this is your fault as I only found it trying to resolve your problem 😁

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sarah

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
can you resolve my newly found switch please, technically this is your fault as I only found it trying to resolve your problem 😁
My advise would be to imagine it does anything you want it to! It worked for me! 😂

Upvote 0

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
I don’t think the bottom bit adjusts, it doesn't on ours anyway, on ours it’s the wide angle section 👍

we only have one switch , slide for left or right then move as needed, but only moves top bit

All of our ‘cab’ fuses seem to be above near side footwell
Ours is a 2018 MLT Mercedes Sprinter and operates the same as the above. Top half electric adjust Bottom half of mirror manual adjust 👍
DJT

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back