LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
2010 Burstner elegance i821 fuse help please. I was trying to get a interior 12v light working but failed ( I should leave electrics alone) and now I have blown a fuse somewhere. Does anyone know where I will find the fuses for the interior lights. Some are working but it seems all of one side is not. I have replaced one fuse I found blown but can’t understand the German On the EBL The one I replaced was top row 6th from left the red one. This was blown and bought one side back on but still one side out.
A4C4F0DB-D135-4374-BC01-97754FA8F738.jpeg
Any help appreciated because it’s dark in here.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Check the 5A one second from the right top row as "leuchte" means light \ lamp in German. No idea what VZ prefix means though so could be some other lights.

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
There are two heavy-duty latching relays that control the power to most circuits.
Relay 1 controls Kreis 1, 2 and 3 as well as the TV, pump etc.
Relay 2 controls Kreis 4 and 5, and the step, awning light, foldaway bed, TV aerial and the 12V power to the fridge when the engine is not running.
I suggest you check for 12V power at the Kreis 4 fuseholder, to see if Relay 2 is turning on.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
but can’t understand the German
A few quick words: Lader, lademodul and ladegerat are chargers. Zus. (zusatz) = auxilliary, Int = internal.
Kuhlschrank = fridge ('cool cupboard'), KS Steuerung = Fridge Control Board, Heizung = heating, Trittstufe = step, Blei = lead, blei-saure = lead-acid.

As pappajohn says, Kreis = circuit. many of the MH general functions like lights and sockets are on the various Kreis fuses.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've drawn the attached up for you, once you identify what they are let me know and I'll update it for you, the one thing I'm not sure of is 'Fridge control board' as steuerung means steering.
Mikey RV.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Reserve1 and Reserve 2 are spare circuits for the converter or the user to use.
Reserve1 is not used. The unpopulated holes visible in the 15-way connector are positive (Pin7) and negative (Pin 15). You could use these pins to add something like an extra 12V socket or USB socket.
Reserve2 is used for something, the wires are there in pins 8 and 13, but I don't know what the function is.

Steuerung has other meanings, for example Steuerungstechnik is Control Technology.

Sicherung = fuse. So 'Int. Sicherung (auto reset)' is an internal auto-resetting polyfuse, that resets automatically after a minute or two when the power is removed. It's for the Trittstufe (step)

Hubbett = drop-down bed

Markise = awning - is that for an electrically extended awning or an awning light?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Reserve1 and Reserve 2 are spare circuits for the converter or the user to use.
Reserve1 is not used. The unpopulated holes visible in the 15-way connector are positive (Pin7) and negative (Pin 15). You could use these pins to add something like an extra 12V socket or USB socket.
Reserve2 is used for something, the wires are there in pins 8 and 13, but I don't know what the function is.

Steuerung has other meanings, for example Steuerungstechnik is Control Technology.

Sicherung = fuse. So 'Int. Sicherung (auto reset)' is an internal auto-resetting polyfuse, that resets automatically after a minute or two when the power is removed. It's for the Trittstufe (step)

Hubbett = drop-down bed

Markise = awning - is that for an electrically extended awning or an awning light?
Autorouter thanks for all that info shame your not nearer, you would have a job. (y)
I've drawn the attached up for you, once you identify what they are let me know and I'll update it for you, the one thing I'm not sure of is 'Fridge control board' as steuerung means steering.View attachment 556521
Like wise Minxy girl you are a star and you could have a job also. I will get some fuses and have a play, I owe you both a beer. Will keep you informed of the outcome. (y)

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
All sorted now, I found some 15A fuses and as I had replaced Kreis 3 (circuit) and one set of lights come on and with Minxy girls translate and autorouter. Post I thought the other lights must be on Kreis 2 or 3 so replaced both fuses and guess what…….I can see the light. :drinks::clap: (y) The futures bright.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I wondered what VZ-Leuchte was. Just come across it in another thread. It's Vorzeltleuchte = awning light. Vorzelt and markise both mean awning.
Post #17 in this thread
Thanks Ditcha

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
On the subject of checking fuses I have replaced all mine (car and van) with LED versions of same. If one should blow it lights up and can be seen immediately without playing 'hunt the fuse'. 👍 They are available in Halfords etc. but cheaper on eBay.

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back