LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I know there are a few ex ME long haul drivers on here, but I would like to know the furthest destination anyone has travelled in their motorhome. What brought this on was that I was clearing stuff out of my garage the other day and came across my old map case complete with old passports and visas. Have not used maps for years as I now have a pretty good idea of where am going, so if anyone wants a very large collection of European maps free of charge they are yours to collect. Truck and car trips do not count as there are one or two who would win this hands down with what would now be considered intergalactic trips no longer possible in the present political world. When I first started motorhoming I went a bit crazy before settling down and smelling the flowers, travelling to the Nordcap and Dakhla in the same year. So come on, what is your furthest destination in a motorhome.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Como, Nice, Camargue or the Andorran border. No idea which one is furthest

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Back on topic...
Once on holiday in a rented apartment there were a few books left in by the owner.
One was about a Driver from Shropshire (I think) who was going to Turkey and back.. I dont read that many books but loved reading that one.. Have never found what it was called as would love to find it again and re-read...

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
North - Harbak Norway
East - Egirdir Turkey
South & poss West as well - Sidi Ifni Maroc

Pete

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
In the 70s and 80s countries like Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and even Pakistan were regular runs for some intrepid UK drivers. The Middle East run was predominantly done by UK, Dutch and Scandinavian hauliers. Those days are now sadly long gone, and will never return, so am just wondering what is the furthest east you can now travel. I used to consider Istanbul as a local trip at one time, but drove down there in my old Skoda last summer and found it a very boring journey to what it used to be. The roads have improved beyond my wildest dreams in the last 20 years, not to mention hardly any border controls.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Why on earth twice?

From nr Scunny, for breakfast.

Went for fish n chip supper n all.

Can't beat english seaside resorts when the sun is shining..............Two weeks a year then!

Miss it. Not been back since we have been on the road for 4 years? Usually in southern europe or Africa.

'Best Arnie accent' - "we'll be back"

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Nothing compared to you guys, but in our first European tour in an old ldv van , we did 3600 miles in three weeks down to Pisa , back around the French med coast, into Spain , stayed a couple of days by the sea down there , then across to the other side of Spain through the mountains , then back up the west coast of France , been many times since but slowed down now and don't clock up so many miles in one trip.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
North Devon......................................................from here.:giggler::giggler: Unless Wells-next -the -sea is farther ?
Or Fulda ? Not a lot in it ?

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Longest journey but before MH, worked for 2 years in Bandar Abbas, southern tip of Iran, in mid seventies. We had goods hauled from UK via Turkey by a welsh company, when your contract finished , trick was to hitch a lift back on truck and cash airline ticket in.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Motorhome milage 00.0miles

Can't wait to get our hands on Maxine
Furthest we have taken our touring Caravan was Home-Calais - Cannes - Benidorm - Twin Lakes - Calais - Home around 4500 miles over 50 nights so can't wait to get out in the motorhome and visit some other places

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Have driven over to Fethiye in Turkey 3 times and spent the summers there.
This year we'll be going down to Greece and Bulgaria via Italy in the motorhome.

Pete

Reactions: Jim
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Hersoni

Hersonissos land 29th april
We're on the other side of the island (Makri Gialos), 25 mins from Ierapetra.
Well then @PORKSTER and @The Dude that looks like a mini rally to me wish we were going to an island but Portugal first
Not a rally as I think we're all flying. We are vanless until our new one comes in July.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back