Funsters Meet in Ilfracombe. August 17th to 21st 2011 (2 Viewers)

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Can you please add me to the list, if I promise not to get in anyone's way ?

Pete:Blush:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
For those Funsters attending this meet here are your directions

From the M5 J27 take A361 right through to barnstaple
stay on A361 until the Mullacott roundabout just outside of Ilfracombe.
Take the B3343 woolacombe road west and approx 800 yards down the road it is the third entrance on the Right. (opposite a large red box) You will see the "Fun" sign. If you enter EX348NY in the satnav you will see the fun sign on your right just before you get there. Looking forward to meeting you all.:thumb:

Attendees are as follows:-

Abforfun
Wildman - Roger and Sue
Yodeli - Frankie
Lesleyjean - Lesley and Alan
Shiftzz
Ksebruce - Ken and Steph
Simba8, Jenny and Bill
Mike and Caroline
Salopian, Steve
Movan (Joy)
Red dragon
Old Mo, Maurice Judy and Paul
Meringueman, Chris and Denise
travelbug1, Caroline, Simon, Samuel age 7, Georgia age 5, & the dogs Bob & Dylan
FULLMOON - JJ & Karen
The littlest Hobo - Pete<!-- / message -->

FULLMOON

Free Member
Jul 16, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
FORD/BONGO CONVERSION
Exp
i'm a newbie
Wildman

Is FULLMOON fully house trained yet?

Can you arrange for MULLMOON and his relative Old Mo to be parked a little way from the rest of us? I was thinking Weston Super Mare or Fleetwood!

I HAVE MY OWN CAT LITTER AND I DONT OFTEN MISS SO I THINK THIS COUNTS AS HOUSE TRAINED shiftZZ. :Eeek: looking forward to meeting you so i can plug my 240 volts in :ROFLMAO:

PS
WHO IS THIS OLD MO ?? HE SOUNDS A RIGHT PLONKER :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I HAVE MY OWN CAT LITTER AND I DONT OFTEN MISS SO I THINK THIS COUNTS AS HOUSE TRAINED shiftZZ. :Eeek: looking forward to meeting you so i can plug my 240 volts in :ROFLMAO:

PS
WHO IS THIS OLD MO ?? HE SOUNDS A RIGHT PLONKER :ROFLMAO:

Well, that's Hilda's payload problem sorted. He won't pack his own cat litter knowing there's another supply on site :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Sorry to hear that Del I hope its nowt serious. I'll just have to drink this homebrew on my own.

Thats it before it was updated. Well spotted.[/QUOTE

No mate not to serious, but after Jaynes mum died in may ( got called back from Newbury).my father in law who is 86, ain,nt to good at the moment, I am sort of running a Taxi service, from our gaff and his, still will review situation, and hopefully will be able to sample your homebrew at Shepton, I will of course firk out a bottle of Sloe Gin.........Del

meringueman

Free Member
Mar 2, 2011
Bideford
Funster No
MH
eldiss 145
Exp
Im a newbee
Joining up

Whem I joined the Royal Navy in the sixties they put bromide in your tea do you know I think its working:RollEyes:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Right Roger, we are now at Cheltenham, 150 miles to go and we will be with you. Expect to be there by 1 o'clock.

P.S. Don't forget to remind me to deliver your bottles, I have the invoice ready. To wit:-

Site fees
Diesel
LPG
Wear and tear
Bribes for French Police and customs officials
20% VAT
40% Nutters tax

Can anyone think of anything else please? I have to recoup the cost of that round Steph made me buy at Geo's. :Eeek:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
WARNING , WARNING, ALIEN LIFE FORMS APPROACHING!!!

Missive to CALL ME DAVE : Forget boosting Police #S in the Capital, seal A39, A38, and A30 at Cornish border, Alien life forms gathering in North Devon!
Suggest solution should be Nuke of some kind before they breed. R A F should be on the lookout for aircraft disguised as brooms with female Welsh Pilots infiltrating Cornish Airspace

WARNING! WARNING!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
WARNING , WARNING, ALIEN LIFE FORMS APPROACHING!!!

Missive to CALL ME DAVE : Forget boosting Police #S in the Capital, seal A39, A38, and A30 at Cornish border, Alien life forms gathering in North Devon!
Suggest solution should be Nuke of some kind before they breed. R A F should be on the lookout for aircraft disguised as brooms with female Welsh Pilots infiltrating Cornish Airspace

WARNING! WARNING!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Unfortunately, Babysitting 4 dogs 2 cats and quite a few Cattle, while darling Daughter is in land of the jocks!

Oh woe is me!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Unfortunately, Babysitting 4 dogs 2 cats and quite a few Cattle, while darling Daughter is in land of the jocks!

Oh woe is me!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hmmm, it was the the 4.2%

BrainsSA.JPG

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
4%??? Gnats Water!

Just sold some of my Home Brew to NASA (They also want to see my Liver!)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
As the funsters assemble the weather alternates between light showers and bright sunshine. The slightest hint of sunshine and people shoot off walking, some of the more adventures have already walked down inti Ilfracombe.
69c8aa43.jpg

d43aec1c.jpg

The new marquee went up without a hitch and seems to be big enough. I went for a 9 x4mtr and this time there is a snooker table and football table at one end leaving lots of room for funsteres at the other.
408756b3.jpg

The moon here in Devon is special and last night was quite red so maybe good weather on the way
3ce162b9.jpg

The water hose reaches most of the vans on site so been playing gungadin.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Looks like you are all organised Roger and enjoying yourselves.:Smile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hope you all have a great time and sorry we are not there. Very wet and windy here in Ireland!Kath & Howie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We are enjoying it here at Roger's place. Only downside is he parked Hilda next to me. :Eeek:

Couple of piccies for you.

Attachments

• DSC_7777.jpg
    DSC_7777.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_7785.jpg
    DSC_7785.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_7788.jpg
    DSC_7788.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_7779.jpg
    DSC_7779.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_7783.jpg
    DSC_7783.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 33

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
there was uproar today as a mole was found in the camp. The guards managed to let a sane person slip though the net. I knew it was a mole the minute I saw him said Mrs Hilda. I rushed to get a photo, only 9768 more needed for a new winter coat.
f0405bec.jpg

one look at me and he showed us a clean pair of heels
ea298a9d.jpg

meanwill old mo finds time to help JJ erect his tent.
6aac30b1.jpg

I am told he sleeps in a standing position, something to do be being a horse ot something.Hilda and Mike look on in amusement at the antics reminiscent of tenters.
c9df3d4b.jpg

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
now i know what a british beach looks like in the summer months, didnt think it would be so busy, not being a sand person beaches are well down on my to do list

Link Removed

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Hello Roger and all Funsters at the Ilfracombe bash.
Looks like your all having a good time there :thumb:. Absolutely gutted that we could not make it down there to be with you :cry:. We was really looking forward to this meet. Never mind perhaps it will be third time lucky for us to get to Rogers next year.
For those that don’t know the reason for us not being able to attend I will try to explain! :helptitanic: Tuesday night while getting the MH ready I noticed the exhaust of the car hanging down so first thing Wednesday morning down to garage to get a new back box fitted, on returning home wife said about cat having something in his head looked like a claw from another cat where he had been in a fight, so phoned up vets for emergency appointment, turned out to be a cyst and had to have 4 teeth removed. Whilst waiting for the appointment I thought I’ll check the gas bottles only to smash one of my fingers between the spanner and the gas bottle :Eeek:, blood everywhere, lucky gas bottles are red so it didn‘t notice too much :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Back to the vets this afternoon to have the cats stitches removed, Normally our daughter looks after the animals for us while we are away so that would not have been a problem but she’s on holiday, so a neighbour was going to pop in and feed them for us but as the vets that we use is not near us I thought it would be to cheeky to ask her to take the cat back to the vets and give him his medication.
Sorry it’s a bit long winded.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Oh dear what a list of event's, you sound like you have Some of my luck:RollEyes:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Typical funsters singing and carousing until the kids fell asleep.
bfbc0939.jpg

Some people got so pie eyed they put their clothes on back to front and left their lights on all night running the battery flat, no names mind, what happens at a rally stays at a rally
f25d772f.jpg

The excitement was too much for munchie who fell asleep, hee hee
1dfa4bb2.jpg

The games room in wildmans lair was an instant hit with the youngsters Samuel and Georgia who played pool for hours on end and kept them out of the other funsters hair
bc9db101.jpg

The funsters have taken full advantage of the surrounding area for long walks and shopping. Weather has held out so far thank goodness.

FULLMOON

Free Member
Jul 16, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
FORD/BONGO CONVERSION
Exp
i'm a newbie
Thanks to Roger for organising a good weekend. We enjoyed our first outing in our 'Bongo', was nice to put some faces to the names on the forum.
Glad a few have my sense of humour, none with my boyish good looks though!! :ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Oi

You turned up in a motorized Tesco trolley and a scooter... we all had to help you put up the tent and dig out the scooter...

Your rendition of "I've got a brand new combine harvester" wasn’t too bad, but to pick Old Mo as your backing was not your best choice... His yellow polka dot swimsuit and rather suspect bikini line waxing was a bit too much to take.. You would have thought that Movan and Judy could have done a better job with that flymo and Wildman’s homemade hair remover (Lemmon swarfega). But as you say, it was nice to see you in all your glory, boyish looks sitting on a porta potty in the middle of Wildman’s Aire.... A sight that many Funster witnessed but were too embarrassed to photograph, but Mrs No Knickers 4 Cup may have sneaked a quick look, who knows....

Overall a great weekend, the sun shone, Wildman was his usual gentleman host, and Sue his far far better half always there.
For those funsters who missed out, YOU MISSED OUT BIG TIME...

As always.

ShiftZZ, refined and soffisteecated,.,,

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Thankyou Roger and Sue for a great Meet-I think a couple of 'alcohol free' days are in order now.
As usual it's nice to put faces to names and also catch up with Funsters we've met before.
Thx to Ken for initiating me into the mysteries of Bolt.org for free e-books ::bigsmile: I got the content lock on my dongle sorted this morn:ROFLMAO: so it should be good to go now.

Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back