LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Buenos Dias mis Amigos, or good morning for those who didn't bother going to week two......well, we have our freedom back, the State of Alarm finished last night, we still have to be careful as most of us have been......but we can, well most can, leave our region again and visit friends, family and places we miss in our adjoining regions.
The vaccine program is coming on faster now, supplies are getting through, me and jumartoo have had our first jabs and appointments for the second one...hope you have too, mine was only the other day, looked like a computer error with appointments, we all arrived together, believe me in our Municipality there are many 66 to 69 year olds, I know because they were all queueing, in front of me...
jumartoo and myself will load of a drive through borders freely tomorrow of Tuesday, the guards should have been stood down now, the weather has turned seasonal at last....was 19 degrees throughout the night here in Murcia, we were out stretching tendons and muscles on Friday morning early before the thermometer reached 33 degrees.....
So everything is beginning to take shape, the new normal is with us, mask wearing which we all do remains, I believe we can have more gatherers a funerals now, bars and restaurants are open with restrictions in place, and lastly the Curfew has been lifted, not in all areas I believe, but the kids will be out, the radios playing our favorite music with maximum base, but this is freedom for all, time to get back to some sort of normality, well done to all of you for doing your bit, staying safe and coming through this as we have.....so get that van ready as we are and enjoy while we can.....who knows whats round the next Rincon, that's corner for those who didn't go to week three, or Curva for week 5 dropouts...:party::party::unsure::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:🇪🇸 Have a good Sunday.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Buenas dias jumar. We´ve still got some restrictions; curfew moves from 10.00pm to midnight (won´t affect us!), group meeting numbers increase from 6 to 10, so hopefully our mountain walking and ballroom dancing groups can recommence, and our gang of seven can go out for meals together again as a unit, instead of a four and a three - socially distanced.(y)Pase un buen dia amigo.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Buenos Dias mis Amigos, or good morning for those who didn't bother going to week two......well, we have our freedom back, the State of Alarm finished last night, we still have to be careful as most of us have been......but we can, well most can, leave our region again and visit friends, family and places we miss in our adjoining regions.
The vaccine program is coming on faster now, supplies are getting through, me and jumartoo have had our first jabs and appointments for the second one...hope you have too, mine was only the other day, looked like a computer error with appointments, we all arrived together, believe me in our Municipality there are many 66 to 69 year olds, I know because they were all queueing, in front of me...
jumartoo and myself will load of a drive through borders freely tomorrow of Tuesday, the guards should have been stood down now, the weather has turned seasonal at last....was 19 degrees throughout the night here in Murcia, we were out stretching tendons and muscles on Friday morning early before the thermometer reached 33 degrees.....
So everything is beginning to take shape, the new normal is with us, mask wearing which we all do remains, I believe we can have more gatherers a funerals now, bars and restaurants are open with restrictions in place, and lastly the Curfew has been lifted, not in all areas I believe, but the kids will be out, the radios playing our favorite music with maximum base, but this is freedom for all, time to get back to some sort of normality, well done to all of you for doing your bit, staying safe and coming through this as we have.....so get that van ready as we are and enjoy while we can.....who knows whats round the next Rincon, that's corner for those who didn't go to week three, or Curva for week 5 dropouts...:party::party::unsure::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:🇪🇸 Have a good Sunday.
Yah enjoy . Here not much has changed yet . We can travel freely but as nothing is open we haven’t bothered and still 7pm curfew . A bit better after 19th as long as things don’t get worse ! First vaccination four weeks ago and second on Wednesday and vaccination now open to all :)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Rincon, that's corner for those who didn't go to week three, or Curva for week 5 dropouts...:party::party::unsure::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:🇪🇸 Have a good Sunday.
I dropped out on Week 1 of our Cruise Spanish Lessons after I was required to declare my undying love for the male Tutor ... I did shout 'Te amore', though as we disembarked, just for old times sake ... If only I'd stayed for 'It's not you, it's me' ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We are hoping to get over to our house in June. I know we are not allowed in yet. Hopefully after 31st May, we can come over.

Had our first AZ vaccination and our second is booked for 21st May.

Ferry booked for 6th June.

We had looked at flying as we have a car at Alicante airport. It’s £50 each way with easyJet from Manchester. But we are going to take the expensive option and drive.

Weather looks more like it should be now anyway.

Enjoy your new freedoms!.
EC37B3F3-9684-4846-B06C-78179B6364AE.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
We are hoping to get over to our house in June. I know we are not allowed in yet. Hopefully after 31st May, we can come over.

Had our first AZ vaccination and our second is booked for 21st May.

Ferry booked for 6th June.

We had looked at flying as we have a car at Alicante airport. It’s £50 each way with easyJet from Manchester. But we are going to take the expensive option and drive.

Weather looks more like it should be now anyway.

Enjoy your new freedoms!. View attachment 494584
Can I ask - is your car at the airport on Spanish plates? Are you a resident of Spain?

Just asking as I have a car on Spanish plates at my house in Andalusia (garaged) but I was informed last week, that now a non resident and driving on a British License cant drive a Spanish plated car unless its a hire car. Is that true do you know?

Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Can I ask - is your car at the airport on Spanish plates? Are you a resident of Spain?

Just asking as I have a car on Spanish plates at my house in Andalusia (garaged) but I was informed last week, that now a non resident and driving on a British License cant drive a Spanish plated car unless its a hire car. Is that true do you know?
Not a resident and car is on Spanish plates. Taxed and insured in Spain.

I had just started looking into your question!. As far as I am aware, it’s perfectly legal. Insurers don’t seem to have a problem. It is RHD and I have swapped the headlamps over and had it registered in Spain. I had to cancel my Spanish policy for UK to a new Spanish policy for ES. Which was cheaper. They know I am not a resident .

Spanish legal website states...

Information on how, as a foreigner in Spain, you can buy a new or used car. ... A foreigner may buy a Spanish-registered car in Spain provided they have one of the following: an official residency card (Tarjeta de Residencia) or. proof that they are a Spanish home owner (by showing title deeds) or.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I thought it was the other way round in the UK & EU countries a resident can not drive a car registered in another country. So if you were a resident in Spain you can't drive a UK registered car.

May 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp

Information on how, as a foreigner in Spain, you can buy a new or used car. ... A foreigner may buy a Spanish-registered car in Spain provided they have one of the following: an official residency card (Tarjeta de Residencia) or. proof that they are a Spanish home owner (by showing title deeds) or.
Definitely hope that is the case ?

May 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
I thought it was the other way round in the UK & EU countries a resident can not drive a car registered in another country. So if you were a resident in Spain you can't drive a UK registered car.
That is the case I believe now. Used to be you could drive a UK registered car for up to 6 months then it had to be Spanish registered or taken out of the country. I was told (not officially) that had changed now we are a third country and a non resident cant drive a Spanish reg except a hire car. EuroTrotters comment may have clarified that at least for home owners!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Hola muy buenas. I went to the full "leave off words and letters Murciano course"
Halo, and mung beans to you an' all.
19 deg in Sussex at the mo so I might take my jumper off.
I've found a set of unopened CD's for an Italian language course in a cupboard which may be handy to learn for when I get to Spain as I believe you also speak a foreign language over there.

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Hola muy buenas. I went to the full "leave off words and letters Murciano course"
I noticed far more vehicle s out and about during the night.
Did the same, have a local teacher, the local lingo is very different given they drop the ‘s’ out wherever it may be in the word!
we still haven’t had our first jab, hoping the OH gets his on Tuesday but I might be some time off (I’m 53). We’ve decided to head into Almeria for three or four weeks and take the car as well as the van then if I do happen to get the call I can nip back for it!

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
You cannot drive a foreign car in the country you are resident.
Anyone want to buy a Citroen C3 Aircross 6 months old....one owner from new....its French and I'm a Spanish resident....salesman didn't tell me this when I bought it....🥴😀😀😀😀😀🇪🇦

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
ust asking as I have a car on Spanish plates at my house in Andalusia (garaged) but I was informed last week, that now a non resident and driving on a British License cant drive a Spanish plated car unless its a hire car. Is that true do you know?
No they are talking nonsense. The yanks, chinese, etc, non residents all drive spanish cars here with out being resident& have done for years.
I was told (not officially) that had changed now we are a third country and a non resident cant drive a Spanish reg except a hire car.
But the yanks & all the africans own vehicles whilst most aren't resident?Many of the africans aren't even legal?

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Anyone want to buy a Citroen C3 Aircross 6 months old....one owner from new....its French and I'm a Spanish resident....salesman didn't tell me this when I bought it....🥴😀😀😀😀😀🇪🇦
hee hee .. nor the insurance company whilst they are taking your shillings

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Halo, and mung beans to you an' all.
19 deg in Sussex at the mo so I might take my jumper off.
I've found a set of unopened CD's for an Italian language course in a cupboard which may be handy to learn for when I get to Spain as I believe you also speak a foreign language over there.
Are you so embarrassed to be learning Italian that you have to do the Course in a cupboard? :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I’ll give you that one
Not a resident and car is on Spanish plates. Taxed and insured in Spain.

I had just started looking into your question!. As far as I am aware, it’s perfectly legal. Insurers don’t seem to have a problem. It is RHD and I have swapped the headlamps over and had it registered in Spain. I had to cancel my Spanish policy for UK to a new Spanish policy for ES. Which was cheaper. They know I am not a resident .

And changing the headlamps is a bloody nightmare
DEBCC4A8-D065-4788-8A53-235ECABA53B0.jpeg

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Buenos Tardes everything going swimmingly here in Andalucia picked up our residencia cards from Almeria 3 weeks ago I’ve had the one jab Jannson Maggie’s had her first dropped motorhome off at Hispavan this morning for matriculation week 6 of Spanish lessons for me just waiting on licence change over then later (July) after Maggie’s had hersecond jab heading up to Galicia for a few months.
Estupendo 🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
5F964438-0826-451D-90E8-F4E57AC2D324.jpeg

Attachments

• 1BA61B51-2654-4C2D-9C31-1625F16FB014.jpeg
    1BA61B51-2654-4C2D-9C31-1625F16FB014.jpeg
    528.8 KB · Views: 6

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Buenos Tardes everything going swimmingly here in Andalucia picked up our residencia cards from Almeria 3 weeks ago I’ve had the one jab Jannson Maggie’s had her first dropped motorhome off at Hispavan this morning for matriculation week 6 of Spanish lessons for me just waiting on licence change over then later (July) after Maggie’s had hersecond jab heading up to Galicia for a few months.
Estupendo 🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸View attachment 495002

Look out for us in Galicia. It's not a big area, after all 🤣

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Estupendo 🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸View attachment 495002
Hang on buddy....you haven't lived in Spain long enough to start visiting other regions...stay home...you won't be understood in Galicia....I was asked by an elderly village resident if I came from Madrid.... don't know if that was a compliment or insult...great place when it's not raining.....never ask the question...how come it's greener than the rest of Spain.....

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Haha Jumar & Jumartoo understand about the lingo the teacher is not teaching us the local dialect. Followed your travels round that area (Galicia) as have been previously but missed quite a bit when we went from Fisterra to Foz also love the Picos.
Looking forward to it 👍

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Haha Jumar & Jumartoo understand about the lingo the teacher is not teaching us the local dialect. Followed your travels round that area (Galicia) as have been previously but missed quite a bit when we went from Fisterra to Foz also love the Picos.
Looking forward to it 👍

We're hoping to get up to Galicia again this summer. I'm Murcia bound until 19 July for 2nd jab. The earliest we can leave is 15 minutes later!!!

We'll not be going there though if there's a huge swathe of blue on the weather map. Last year was almost perfect conditions.

We also want to get into the Pyrenees, but we need cooler temperatures than last year.

So much to catch up on 😉

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back