Funsters at Shepton but no 3 signal! (1 Viewer)

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
big thank you to Roger and Sue for being our hosts at the show, great week end . three and a half hours to get home to penryn very good . :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

tintinold

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 Months
Appologies

Hi to you all, sounds like you had a great time,
sorry I could not make it, with special appologies to Roger & Sue.
As things turned out I would not have got there until about 10-ish saturday night. :Angry:

Happy Travels

TinTin

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
A big thank you from myself and daughter number 2 for advice and welcome. Our first show so we didnt have a clue as to where to go when we got there late Friday night so parked in the first available space. As it was we werent a million miles away from you and found you by accident but enjoyed our second night with you even though we were 10 O'Clockers.
Will be a bit more organised next time, in that we may have a clue, and hopefully gaslow and solar panels as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Many thanks to Roger & Sue, Great job ...

Home now, van cleaned up inside and out and back in its kennels.
Just over 2 hours to get home the 5 hours cleaning and repositioning the van, need another break now !!

Cheers All

Peter

PS The stew was delicious.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
back home

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:we had a grate time on are first meet thanks to everyone for being such fun and a big thanks to roger and sue

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Guys ...

Fantastic weekend, many thanks to Roger etc for organisation, great to meet so many nice people :thumb:

Looking forward to the next time.

Richard and Gay

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
6 & 1/2 hours & we are home at last:Smile:
Nice weekend with great weather and good company and a lighter wallet :Smile:
(The Airide assisters made a big difference on the rturn trip, with better cornering & less buffetting on the motorway.)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We had a fantastic time, lovely to meet you all. A special thankyou to Roger + Sue:thumb:. Also a big thumbs up to Cheyne for providing shelter for us to meet other funsters, the stew was great:thumb:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Well, this is the 3rd post I have tried to put on this thread..........so here goes.

Had a great weekend and the GPS only steered me wrong once (ended up going down a single track just behind the meet) but at least the hedges are cut level at both sides after going down it ::bigsmile:

Was met by Grizzly Adams (or it could have been Roger) who sorted a space out for me.............he did a great job all weekend....................keeping his hair tied back :roflmto:

BIG thanks to Chayne & JJ for sorting me out with petrol for my genny (knew I would forget something) and it was great putting names to faces :winky:

Sorry I couldn't make the night meets but to be honest my sister wasn't very well and I didn't think it right to leave her in on her own................next time I'm cummin alone :thumb:

You are all wonderful people and I still enjoyed the meet..............can't wait for the next one.

Good trip back (70mph all the way) van washed inside and out and sited on a larger pitch (been waiting for it to become free)

See ya'll in the chat room :winky:

Boo

Chani

Free Member
Mar 26, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
Just a quick message to say thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome (particularly Roger - sorry we couldn't stay!), even though we're 'Motorhomers without a Motorhome'!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Back from Shepton

Hi guys and gals, what a fantastic time, thank you all for coming and making the show so special. A special thank you to our overseas guests who travelled so far to be with us. The delightful Frankie who brightened everyones day, Paul Ineke and the energetic giddy, and a special thanks to Smudger for the loan of a wheelchair when my legs gave out on Sunday.
From start to finish the entertainment was provided by JJ who kept the adults as well as the children enthralled and Hayleylulu, Lynn and Martin who had me in stitches for the whole show. Cheyne as usual surpassed himself with a great chuck in stew pot.
in the end we had 33 attendees plus a number of day visitors, including the beautiful Chani, Yeti, and a few others. I am sorry for those who's names I have forgotten, you were all special and made this the best show for us yet. I look forward to meeting you all again at the Camarthen show in April, keep you eyes open for the list it will be open soon.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Nice one Roger and Sue.

Sounds like you had a really great time.

Keep us posted and maybe I'll be able to get down there next time.
:Cool:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I would also like to say thank you to Roger - I think it was him who came to say "Hello" at the Big Pitch Guide stand - I didn't have too much time to chat but it was nice to meet him and Yodelli and a few of the other funsters.

Good Show - successful from my point of view - sold a few more memberships and talked to a lot of BPG members. Now have to pay for my sins by trying to catch up with the paperwork!

0zzy

Free Member
Feb 8, 2009
sherborne
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
6 months
shepton show

we had a great time at the show.
spent a fortune
special thanks too" peaps" while the dish was being fitted.

regards
0zzy

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
A quick compilation of the fireworks on Sayurday Night :)

Link Removed

Link Removed

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Hi all we would also like to thank Roger and Sue for their hospitality,nice to put faces to names and meet up with you all,sorry if we missed anyone but we were'nt without our problems as some of you will know we had an electrical fire on the way to the meet resulting in no electrics in the habitation area but we made the best of it,rv is now in hospital will keep you all posted.
Dave ,Sue and kids

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Hope you get it sorted Dave...

Any ideas what caused the problem?

emmm don't know but it might have been the sat dish that was stored under the seat it had a wooden table between maybe it moved in transit.the wire's that melted were retro fitted according to my rv tec .i took pic's but guess were the camera is yep in hospital with rv :Doh:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
emmm don't know but it might have been the sat dish that was stored under the seat it had a wooden table between maybe it moved in transit.the wire's that melted were retro fitted according to my rv tec .i took pic's but guess were the camera is yep in hospital with rv :Doh:

Did it not take out the fuse first ?

Good luck and hope the RV is not in the "hospital" for too long.

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Did it not take out the fuse first ?

Good luck and hope the RV is not in the "hospital" for too long.

no fuses gone not tripped just wires from bat to junction box burnt fingers trying to disconnect .smoke came up luck would have it there was a layby 10 feet ahead so it was shorting for about a minute or two at most any longer and we would have had flames:Eeek:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
no fuses gone not tripped just wires from bat to junction box burnt fingers trying to disconnect .smoke came up luck would have it there was a layby 10 feet ahead so it was shorting for about a minute or two at most any longer and we would have had flames:Eeek:

A very lucky break indeed Dave.Glad you and the Family are ok.

An RV can be replaced.....A Family cannot...

Speedy recovery from "RV hospital"
:thumb:

Manouche

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Hi to everyone, sounds like you all had a great time.
We were all packed and ready to go and very excited that the weather was going to be brilliant, couldn't wait.
Tuesday a quick trip to the allotment for some potatoes and Rick pulled a muscle in his back. He spent the next five days flat out while I unpacked the van and tried to keep smiling!
Did think of you all and was so pleased that the weather was really good.
Lets hope we can make it another time.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi to everyone, sounds like you all had a great time.
We were all packed and ready to go and very excited that the weather was going to be brilliant, couldn't wait.
Tuesday a quick trip to the allotment for some potatoes and Rick pulled a muscle in his back. He spent the next five days flat out while I unpacked the van and tried to keep smiling!
Did think of you all and was so pleased that the weather was really good.
Lets hope we can make it another time.
Get well soon Rick, maybe Carmarthen show in April?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back