Funster special Interest Staycations (4 Viewers)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Not sure about the races as it would put us oldies at a disadvantage BUT, if it was judged by match ploughing rules, straightness, neatness and overall coverage, Quackers could judge (crate of your favourite tipple is on it's way)
I might stand a chance? :LOL:
...or we could have our own version of a tractor pulling competition šŸ¤£

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I'm too old to pull tractors (or anything else) except a kiddies tricycle maybe??? :rofl:
How about a motorhome-pulling competition. Could be useful if the site gets a bit muddy šŸ¤£

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
If anybody is up for organising one of these mini meets please get in touch as we have the space and plenty of availability at the CL.

Meanwhile the craft weekend at Woodside Field 2nd - 5th July has two places left any takers? The idea would be simply to share experience and ideas. You can bring your own equipment/stash if you wish and just spend the weekend all crafting together. We will put up a canopy with tables so you are not chasing paper across the field and the generator will be fired up to run any devices. We want to try this event on a small scale so we only have 5 places available. (Old Sodbury near Bristol/Bath J18 M4) A kind Funster has donated a box of goodies for the event so the cost will be our Cl rate Ā£36 for the weekend.

1 Pops 1
2 joe and sue
3 Offagain

Janine did you want to join them?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
If anybody is up for organising one of these mini meets please get in touch as we have the space and plenty of availability at the CL.

Meanwhile the craft weekend at Woodside Field 2nd - 5th July has two places left any takers? The idea would be simply to share experience and ideas. You can bring your own equipment/stash if you wish and just spend the weekend all crafting together. We will put up a canopy with tables so you are not chasing paper across the field and the generator will be fired up to run any devices. We want to try this event on a small scale so we only have 5 places available. (Old Sodbury near Bristol/Bath J18 M4) A kind Funster has donated a box of goodies for the event so the cost will be our Cl rate Ā£36 for the weekend.

1 Pops 1
2 joe and sue
3 Offagain

Not this time, thank you, but I will keep my eye on future events xx

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

1 Pops 1
2 joe and sue
3 Offagain

Maybe post this here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/forums/scheduled-rallies.272/ & sure the couple of remaining places would be snapped up - it's a bit hidden away on this thread so may not reach those who could be interested. Could suggest other ones the same way too so mini "interest" meets could become a regular thing? More take up likely if fitting between other meets & rallies but not essential as plenty of Funsters to go round :)

JGD15

Free Member
Sep 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
AS Duetto
Exp
Walking groups could also casually pick litter .. town or countryside. Just needs a picking device or two and plastic bags. The other members can be litter spotters. Easy to do and yields great benefits!

Feb 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
burster harmony 690
Exp
I've bought a piano and I,m really struggling anyone play that can give me some hints? thanks.

Apr 29, 2019
Dover, Kent
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper, Corilliam
Exp
since 2002
Hi ,Don't know if any of you are car or bike racing enthusiast, Near where i live is Lynden Hill Race Circuit, in Kent.CT46ET.this year there is a lot going on Bikes. old and new Car racing Rallycross.Classic and custom car show plus lots more , What i have notice is that the camping is only Ā£5.00 per night (has been for the last 5 years) there is showers and loo,this is on A2 near Dover. Might be of interest,

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Hi ,Don't know if any of you are car or bike racing enthusiast, Near where i live is Lynden Hill Race Circuit, in Kent.CT46ET.this year there is a lot going on Bikes. old and new Car racing Rallycross.Classic and custom car show plus lots more , What i have notice is that the camping is only Ā£5.00 per night (has been for the last 5 years) there is showers and loo,this is on A2 near Dover. Might be of interest,
Anything with wheels and an engine are my interest. Lynden Hill on my notes if ever in the area. Thanks.

DrunkenDuncan

Free Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brize Norton
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
Not enough!
We need some activity groups, where we can meet in fields or on sites and enjoy the activity. We don't need anything too formal, just relaxed get-togethers with people who share a common interest
  • A Motorcycle Group maybe, where a group turn up and camp somewhere and get out on a ride or two
  • A Walking Group, meet up on sites and rally fields for some walks
  • A Photography group can set up on a site or field near a town, say Chester and photograph the hell out of it. Teach each other about photography and gear, then show off their photos back here.
  • Knitting and Crochet
  • Cycling. obvious
  • Canoeing. Rally near water
  • Skiing.
  • Ukelele and or Guitar group
  • Dog Lovers, a rally near a great dog walking areas
Over to you, motorhomes are for getting out and having fun in. You just need to commit. (y)
If there is interest I will set a special forum area and you can crack on and organise some fun. Who's up for it, and what would you like to do
Skiing and Photography, but not necessarily in that order :)

Reactions: Jim

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
multi-activities including a Parkrun maybe?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back