Funster special Interest Staycations (2 Viewers)

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
How about a debating society meet, all participants form a big circle with a ringmaster or (Mrs) and a stick, whoever holds the stick can speak whilst the others must listen, stick speaker has just 1 minuet to speak before passing on the stick to the next speaker.
There will be a naughty step, a Coventry corner and a boxing ring. For us non confrontational types who do not like a punch up we will be able to nominate our own champion to participate in the fisticuffs.
I'm sure there are other rules that will need to be added and as this is a debating society we could discuss it here :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Would any of you be interested in a July card making/scrapbooking weekend at Woodside Field. The idea would be simply to share experience and ideas. Bring your own equipment/stash and just spend the weekend all crafting together. (Mrs Quackers certainly has a good selection of cutting machines and a room full of craft bits and bobs and would love to come and join you.) We will put up a canopy and tables so you are not chasing paper across the field and the generator will be fired up to run any devices. We want to try this on a small scale to start so we have 5 places available at our CL in Old Sodbury near Bristol/Bath. Well that might be 4 as we already have a a Funster wishing to attend from another thread.
Any Interest?
I would be interested in this, just need to persuade my driver....but by then he will be up for any trip away in the motorhome so he won’t care

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Has anyone suggested model railways? I know a place where a couple of vans could be accommodated and people could play with run trains all day. It would depend on restrictions being lifted and all having had vaccinations though.

I could also find out when the next model railway show is in Hawick and we could use the aire there :)

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Would any of you be interested in a July card making/scrapbooking weekend at Woodside Field. The idea would be simply to share experience and ideas. Bring your own equipment/stash and just spend the weekend all crafting together. (Mrs Quackers certainly has a good selection of cutting machines and a room full of craft bits and bobs and would love to come and join you.) We will put up a canopy and tables so you are not chasing paper across the field and the generator will be fired up to run any devices. We want to try this on a small scale to start so we have 5 places available at our CL in Old Sodbury near Bristol/Bath. Well that might be 4 as we already have a a Funster wishing to attend from another thread.
Any Interest?
We are looking at the first weekend in July Friday 2nd - Monday 5th July, although that is not fixed if the date prevents people attending.

1 Pops 1
2 joe and sue
3 Offagain

Where are all the crafters?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
I am here but I don’t send cards so not much point making them 🤣
Saves on Postage charges Janine ::bigsmile:

Seriously if anybody just wants to do a bit of crafting for the weekend you don't have to bring your own machine, and a kind Funster has donated some extra bits and bobs to sort through.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Here is an example of a card that Mrs Quackers made when Nick and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the gathering last August.
EE3A79A4-440E-44A4-8FE0-570BD98F2FD1.jpeg

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
A few on her have boat's or have interest in boat's wonder if that would be of interest from bath tub boating canoeing kayaking to luxury yacht DIY project like mine.
Or or just a passing interest in the section boatingfun none judgmental friendly boating helpful informative.
Boats and motor homes have much in common especially on the safety side of thing's boat get leeks damp ingress much of the things i have done seem to cross over to my motorhoming experience's.
If it gives sumone just one person a idea how to sort something or a way round sumthing it done it job
bill

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Here is an example of a card that Mrs Quackers made when Nick and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the gathering last August.View attachment 472231

Mrs Quackers said it should stand up like this ::bigsmile:

Card.jpg

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Looking at your avatar pic should I assume that you will not be happy unless the water is moving a bit.
Mostly, but just to get out on the water will be a treat shortly.
Pre-pandemic, I helped out with our local club as an assistant instructor for the newbs, teaching basic skills and how to roll a kayak, but that was a year ago now since we have been able to run any meaningful sessions.
Are you a paddler?
Mike

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Mostly, but just to get out on the water will be a treat shortly.
Pre-pandemic, I helped out with our local club as an assistant instructor for the newbs, teaching basic skills and how to roll a kayak, but that was a year ago now since we have been able to run any meaningful sessions.
Are you a paddler?
Mike
I have done a bit, starting with river paddling mostly in the winter and then slalom in Kayak and then C2, I came out of retirement to do a bit of sea paddling and ultimately did the North Sea Zeebrugge to Felixstowe and then back into retirement, we now have a Gumotex Palava canoe and I have a folding sea kayak so only semi retirement really,

I did a rally at Shrewsbury a few years ago and a few of us did a canoe trip about 12 miles down the Severn back to Shrewsbury so I could do that again possibly in July but just waiting to hear back from the showground and then will put something on here.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I have done a bit, starting with river paddling mostly in the winter and then slalom in Kayak and then C2, I came out of retirement to do a bit of sea paddling and ultimately did the North Sea Zeebrugge to Felixstowe and then back into retirement, we now have a Gumotex Palava canoe and I have a folding sea kayak so only semi retirement really,

I did a rally at Shrewsbury a few years ago and a few of us did a canoe trip about 12 miles down the Severn back to Shrewsbury so I could do that again possibly in July but just waiting to hear back from the showground and then will put something on here.
Ah, another Gumbo-er. We have the Twist 2, [ actually had 2 of them, the first was the light pack, soooo comfortable, and only 9kg.] Safari XL , Also had the previous version of that [ Safari 3.0] as well, self bailing, do it all boat. Lastly, the K2, two person WW4 . We've used that on the Dart [ Loop + lower], Tryweryn, [ Upper, +lower], various sea trips, and the Nene, white water park. Northampton.
We usually take the Twist on holiday where ever we go. It's been used on 3 different continents, which is good considering it's inauspicious first outing,when pilot error gave it a 10" gash in the floor:frowny:. Luckily, being an inveterate fettler by nature I had learnt how to repair the Nitrilon fabric, and a day later she was as good as new:happy:.
That's the Twist from when we were in Borneo last year, [ got locked down there,but were able to get out for a paddle to an off shore Island that we had all to ourselves. Photo 2, our original Twist,with Mrs BBF at the tiller. Pic 3 The Tip of Borneo, just before lock down. pic.4 Our first M.H experience, last year in Devon, Saunton Sands, the last of the sun in Sep. Pic 5 A Wild Terrapin on the Thames !! the things you see in boat
I have to take our Sunlight back to Goodmans for it's water ingress check, and they just happen to be across the the road from Lee Valley White water Park, so I'm trying to tie the two things into one trip, but I haven't sat in a boat for 3 months, so that might be an interesting[ read swimming] session.
Mike

Attachments

• WP_20200321_12_34_07_Pro.jpg
    WP_20200321_12_34_07_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • DSCF5130.JPG
    DSCF5130.JPG
    521.6 KB · Views: 20
  • P1080986.JPG
    P1080986.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • VEGF9649.JPG
    VEGF9649.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 17
  • WP_20180902_14_03_36_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180902_14_03_36_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Not sure about the races as it would put us oldies at a disadvantage BUT, if it was judged by match ploughing rules, straightness, neatness and overall coverage, Quackers could judge (crate of your favourite tipple is on it's way)
I might stand a chance? :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back