Funster power mends faulty shower (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
with massive support from some now weary funsters I have stripped my shower tap, fiddled and poked and due only in the end it to a massive dose of good fortune, it works again

No idea how or why, but I really appreciated all the support and input that came within minutes of posting my problem

Man hugs all round and promises of drinks when we next meet again or we eventually meet up with those as yet unmet (y)(y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi David very well done BUT I find that things that mend themselves usually break themselves again:LOL:

Martin

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Are you sure it wasn't drink?
Great to know that you're back on the road, although I'm not so happy without a more suitable conclusion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Are you sure it wasn't drink?
Great to know that you're back on the road, although I'm not so happy without a more suitable conclusion.

no drink passed my lips other than coffee for 12 hours and then no excess

I am going to work on the Yorkshire logic, if it ain't bust don't fix it

I do have a very slight reservation that it might never have been bust, but I did carry out various tests with different taps before even looking for tools so am 99% sure it was broken at some point earlier today

I can't see the pins having done anything, more likely my less than subtle handling of the micro switch did it, I am really more surprised that it ever worked again than surprised at the oddity of the resurrection

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well done, but maybe that shows it could be a broken wire, inside it’s plastic sleeve.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Nice to know your trip is progressing in the usual Godfrey manner:LOL:

Glad it's sorted(y)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Well done, but maybe that shows it could be a broken wire, inside it’s plastic sleeve.

I was going to say the same, usally where it gets pinched with the tap swiveling.

Afraid I have to agree, I forgot to mention @DavidG58 that on my last van I stripped the tap and repaired the bared and broken wires twice due to the same problem as you, before it finally gave up the ghost....in Morocco!:confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back