Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
C Class Diesel RV
Exp
Since 1990
OK Ideally, we should have a bank account opened and be overseen by a couple of trustees (not me) This just cannot happen soon so, in the short term I have a unused private Paypal account with a zero balance we can use. It might cost 3.4% +20p per donation, but we might get it charges free But at least we will be able to access it quickly as a couple of Funsters are in need right now.

EDIT. After Paypal froze the account we need to use a bank account.

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Then You MUST post here what you donated. So we know where we are, and the account maintains a modicum of transparency.
Money sent Jim, and although we don't like stating the amount, we do understand the need to be transparent.

£100 = £50 from each of us. (y)

Come of Fellow Funsters, lets get this fund off the ground and climbing. :)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not sure what you mean, I leave it entirely up to Jim what sums he gives out. We don't need to know who is on the receiving end. Identifying the beneficiaries would be wrong. :) Smiley added in case I've misunderstood. :)
Hi John
It is just a direct quote from Jim's original post to "clarify" the reason I posted.
Not interested in where it's going.
Think we're almost certainly at crossed purposes on this.:Smile:
Stay safe.(y)

Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Not sure what you mean, I leave it entirely up to Jim what sums he gives out. We don't need to know who is on the receiving end. Identifying the beneficiaries would be wrong. :) Smiley added in case I've misunderstood. :)
I read it that Gellyneck meant that Jim should acknowledge his £££ efforts towards the fund.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
25 years
I don't like the idea of posting my meagre donation, but I will because I suspect that it helps protect Jim in the future when/if someone should want to tally up.

Not everyone is a complete trusting believer and some people are downright mischief makers.

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
It not be my place to say so, but nobody should be sorry for how little they can afford to donate, every little helps and although Jim wants to show propriety if you donate and don't want to show amount, then whose going to know.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I don't like the idea of posting my meagre donation, but I will because I suspect that it helps protect Jim in the future when/if someone should want to tally up.

Not everyone is a complete trusting believer and some people are downright mischief makers.
Even if its a fiver it will help and nothing to be ashamed of. My logic is we were planning to drive through France to Spain around now and that takes a lot of fuel which we won't now be paying for.

OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
C Class Diesel RV
Exp
Since 1990
Thinking about it, you can just shout that you donated, I don't want people to be discouraged or embarrassed by the amounts.

I just want myself to be above reproach; I know from experience where charity money is concerned some people are quick to suspect that not all of it gets to where it's intended, so I always try to avoid even touching it, and when I have to, I try and make it as transparent as possible. Thanks very much everyone

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Jim.. Computer dumbo here.

Sorry it's not more but I will send £20. Some Funsters have been a mental lifeline for me, seen through the smiles and given hugs that have kept me alive. It seems such a small return but hope it helps. It won't come through in my name; I will give the money to another Funster for her to send it for me. Then will let you know who it is, if that ok. Thank you.

West Country Motorhomes
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians