Funster at Camping Alegria del Mar, now or 3rd Jan? (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I know there was a Funster camped opposite us but for the life of us cannot remember their names. However, I was wondering if there was anyone else on the campsite as we need a bit of help.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes we are fine thanks Judith. We had a litle accident which we thought would cost a couple of hundred to put right, but they are now talking a couple of thousand. Was hoping to find a witness.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Yes we are fine thanks Judith. We had a litle accident which we thought would cost a couple of hundred to put right, but they are now talking a couple of thousand. Was hoping to find a witness.

Oh dear; sorry to hear that. :cry: I hope that it all works out ok.

Ian

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Hoping it won't spoil your trip.Was it van or toad?

Happy new year to you all

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Is there anyone there now who could help out ?

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
Hello mate it’s Steve I was parked opposite, I didn’t see it , but I heard it, you backed into the little building that house the water pipes. They had to demolish the building, then the pipe joint gave way and flooded 6 pitches, one guy didn’t get his awning cleared quick enough and ruined some fo his kit. An emergency plumber has been here twice trying to sort it out and the structure has been completely rebuilt taking three days to finish.you work out for yourself if you think two grand is expensive

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello mate it’s Steve I was parked opposite, I didn’t see it , but I heard it, you backed into the little building that house the water pipes. They had to demolish the building, then the pipe joint gave way and flooded 6 pitches, one guy didn’t get his awning cleared quick enough and ruined some fo his kit. An emergency plumber has been here twice trying to sort it out and the structure has been completely rebuilt taking three days to finish.you work out for yourself if you think two grand is expensive
Thanks for the information. I would rather you had contacted me privately but hey ho, It's too late now.

At least we know how the pipe got damaged. I was puzzled that there was no sign of water while we were there. We thought the damage was just to the little structure. I returned to look at the damage and as I said there was no water at all. The office was still closed when we left so I emailed the site to tell them what we had done. I followed this up with a phone call a couple of hour later.

We are still waiting to hear from the site what the cost is going to be, the two grand was just a guess on my part.

As I said, when we left we thought it was just a matter of repairing the structure, we had no idea all hell and broken loose later.

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
No worries pal, it’s all sorted now. Just in case you wreck another campsite and I happen to be around , how do I send a private message??????

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
No worries pal, it’s all sorted now. Just in case you wreck another campsite and I happen to be around , how do I send a private message??????
Oh my, how to rub salt into the wounds!! ????

If we wreck another campsite, you can send a private message by clicking on the envelop symbol next to bell symbol, top right of the forum.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If it wasn’t so unfortunate, or costly, this would have been a very funny thread!!!

I suppose the old adage *no good deed goes unpunished* comes to mind. I wonder how many people on a campsite would advise the owners that they had a minor bump when leaving? Not many I bet, especially if no one saw them.

We have seen many scrapes, bumps and near misses when Motorhomes have been manoeuvring in tight campsites. In Santa Suzanna it was normal practice to force your way into a space, no matter how tight, if you wanted to get a spot on the beach.

I hope it does not prove to be too costly Sandra and also hope you will still want to join us on the rally in April.

Ginny and Mike

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
If it wasn’t so unfortunate, or costly, this would have been a very funny thread!!!

I suppose the old adage *no good deed goes unpunished* comes to mind. I wonder how many people on a campsite would advise the owners that they had a minor bump when leaving? Not many I bet, especially if no one saw them.

We have seen many scrapes, bumps and near misses when Motorhomes have been manoeuvring in tight campsites. In Santa Suzanna it was normal practice to force your way into a space, no matter how tight, if you wanted to get a spot on the beach.

I hope it does not prove to be too costly Sandra and also hope you will still want to join us on the rally in April.

Ginny and Mike
Sandra I couldn’t agree more with Ginny. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Wrap up warm and go easy on the apres skis ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back