FUNSTER 365 - A Project you can do too (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
FUNSTER 365 - A Project

I am a keen photographer but I am also very busy. I am always promising myself that I will take the time to take more photographs; a promise I always break. Indeed this has been a broken New Year’s Resolution many a year.

This year will be different; I am going to take at least one picture every day for the whole of 2009. This project is to be called FUNSTER365. I will post that photograph (Just ONE) into an album of mine here on Fun, called Jim365.

Do you fancy giving it a go with me? Just make a new album called [username]365 and get snapping.

I cannot guarantee completing the project:Blush: but I am determined to give it a go. It would be great to have some support, so if you are interested in giving this a go just say so here and commit yourself:thumb:

This is what someone who has done this project before has said, there are also some tips to succeed.
Taking a photo a day is a big undertaking with big payoffs. Here are just a few reasons why you should consider doing it:

• Imagine being able to look back at any day of your year and recall what you did, who you met, what you learned… (Often we find it hard to remember what we did just yesterday or even last night, let alone a whole year ago!)
  • Your year-long photo album will be an amazing way to document your travels and accomplishments, your haircuts and relationships. Time moves surprisingly fast.
  • Taking a photo a day will make you a better photographer. Using your camera every day will help you learn its limits. You will get better at composing your shots, you’ll start to care about lighting, and you’ll become more creative with your photography when you’re forced to come up with something new every single day.
Tips to succeed

Take Your Camera Everywhere Yes, everywhere. Get in the habit. Grocery stores, restaurants, parties, work, and school. Don’t forget the camera in your phone!

Vary Your Themes Try to capture the day’s events in a single photo. Perform photographic experiments. Take a photo of someone new you meet, something you ate for the first time, or something you just learned how to do. Take a photo of something that made you smile. And don’t forget to take a photo of yourself at least once a month so you can remember how you’ve changed, too.

Tell a Story place a few comments/descriptions with your pictures to explain what’s going on in each day’s photograph. How good did that dinner taste? What made you want to take a photo of that stranger? It’ll help you remember down the road, and it gives friends following along a better appreciation of why you took the photo you did. Do not forget to date each Picture

Don’t Stop, No Matter What This is perhaps the most important tip of all. You will get tired of taking a photo every single day. Some days, you will consider giving up. Don’t. The end result is worth the effort. Remind yourself why you wanted to do it in first place. There will be times you’ll think there’s nothing interesting left to take a photo of, and times you’ll think you didn’t do anything exciting enough to take a photo of. There’s always a great photo to be made.Get out of the house and take a walk. Or stay inside and look around. Take a photo of something important to you. Take a photo of the inside of your house so you can see how your taste has changed over the years. Take a photo of anything, just don’t stop.

Tell your Friends
It helps if you’ve told your friends about the project and asked them to follow along. Their encouragement will keep you going!

Post early, post often Plan on going through and posting your photos at least once a week so you don’t get backlogged and feel overwhelmed. Ideally, post every day or two. Again, spend the time up front to make sure it’s quick and easy to post. It’ll make all the difference.

Fancy giving it a go? say so here and commit yourself. It will be great fun:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No problem John, you'd just finish a day later than me:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I'll give it a go but not sure that the quality will be up to much, as the only photo kit I carry is the iPhone.:winky:
As I'm always "On Tour" the internet is not always available so if it means I have to post on the day of the photo I might have a problem.:RollEyes:

Pete

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I wont be able to post every day. Hopefully at least once a week though. Its easy with digital cameras as all the photos are date stamped:Smile:

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
Hi Jim,
What a good idea!
I'll give it a go as it will be an "aide memoire" too.
Happy New Year
Sandy

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just uploaded my first of the 365 pictures. The album is Link Removed.

The first picture in it was taken from my front door this morning. I was not the only one enjoying the view. The buzzard on the fence post was enjoying the view and warming up in the weak morning sun.

Anyone else want the challenge of a picture a day? I am sure it will be a pain at times but I am equally sure that it will be worth it in the end::bigsmile:

Link Removed

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Gonna give it a go Jim, don't know how long I will last at it.:Smile:
A great first picture, no such views around here.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Well I remembered :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Not as picturesque as your's though Jim but taken in our garden in front of the BBQ today of Cobey our dog, he is about 15 months old and is a German Shepherd/St Bernard Cross we took from our local Blue Cross Rescue Centre after the sad loss in March of our previous dog Zac. The Monaco is in the background the other side of the fence

1z1bqty.jpg

He is so boistrous and strong as an ox he has demolished part of our wall barging into it as he runs into the garden see pic below, also he has escaped several times by completely wrecking the previous fence panels again see the new ones in the pic:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

2e3mt68.jpg

Regards Pat:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Link Removed The Thames at Runnymede Pleasure Grounds on a cold grey winters day.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Good start guys, for those taking part I ave upped your storage limits so you will be able to get 365 pictures in a single album. Remember its only ONE picture a day :thumb:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
OK Jim, I'm up for it - may have to download a few at a time as not always got t'internet!:roflmto::roflmto:

Todays pic is of funsters having lunch outside our vans in not so sunny Spain!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Sorry just finished a 366 project and not keen on doing it again for a couple of years.

Ralph

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
2nd Jan 2009

Here is today's offering, a view from the front bedroom window across the main road to a field with horses.

21n4mz5.jpg

Regards pat

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi all you photastic funsters, some of you seem to be getting it wrong, the idea was to create an album and name it (username)365 as in wildman365 then post the pictures to that album, not post them to this thread, nice to see though they are, hee hee

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi all you photastic funsters, some of you seem to be getting it wrong, the idea was to create an album and name it (username)365 as in wildman365 then post the pictures to that album, not post them to this thread, nice to see though they are, hee hee

Already done mate.. but posting pics here keeps the thread topical .. :winky:

A cold one today -3c

3rd Jan View from our RV

DSC_5738.jpg

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp