Funny computer programmer joke. (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
1652470304218.png

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Question how many prolog software engineers does it take to change a light bulb

Answer = Yes

If anyone has worked with prolog it may make you smile 😀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
it's a hardware problem !
::bigsmile:
Brains, Cybernetic Entomologist
Maybe maybe not my lightbulbs around the house do have software updates and some have run out of memory for some features……hardware is not what it used to be 🤔😉

Last edited:

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I received a new cycle helmet today - it came with a usb cable to charge it. Does that mean it will help pedal the bike?

(its really for a crash sensor that can send out emergency alerts via a bluetooth connected phone)

what other hardware have you got which now needs power but never used to?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I received a new cycle helmet today - it came with a usb cable to charge it. Does that mean it will help pedal the bike?

(its really for a crash sensor that can send out emergency alerts via a bluetooth connected phone)

what other hardware have you got which now needs power but never used to?
Dont drop it!

Reactions: dna

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
cyberyacht . I also have not heard of those two.

Most early ones were acronyms I think. COBOL COmmon Business Orientation Language, FORTRAN FORmula Translation. Pascal was named after one of the computing pioneers. RPG was report program generator I think.

There are plenty of others.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
This is the big problem with programming. You carefully design your product with the exact feature the user requires. They then find a way to screw it up in a totally unexpected way.

1662853860048.png

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
True, but half the problem can often be traced back to products/systems being tested by the folks that built them, so operate/use as expected according to their test and operational instructions.

whereas someone not familiar does things very differently

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
True, but half the problem can often be traced back to products/systems being tested by the folks that built them, so operate/use as expected according to their test and operational instructions.

Which is why you never get the designer to write the operating manual!

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

It was a joke. Kind of.

Seriously though. It doesn't matter how well designed a bit of software is, or how good the manual. Users ALWAYS find a way to break it OR use it in a way not intended.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I agree Karl Gromett. Or as someone at NCR said to me donkeys years ago, you can make a system foolproof you think, but it really depends on the quality of the fool!.

I have to say that the quality of many web developments is that poor compared with what we were turning out years ago. The number of user endless loops you come across, or even options that cover only a tiny subset of customer situations is appalling.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I agree Karl Gromett. Or as someone at NCR said to me donkeys years ago, you can make a system foolproof you think, but it really depends on the quality of the fool!.

I have to say that the quality of many web developments is that poor compared with what we were turning out years ago. The number of user endless loops you come across, or even options that cover only a tiny subset of customer situations is appalling.
The problem with many web developments is that it is not seen as a profit centre so... Pick 1. Cheap, Fast or Good.
9 times out of 10 the client wants it fast. So tests and design processes have to be minimal or none existent.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back