Funny complicated (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I am fairly new to the fun forum, with thousands of funsters. However I have notices what you mean by fun. You take a usually simple question/ query and some how manage to make it so complicated, when the answer is often simple. I find it so AMUSING how many of you do this, and have realised that offering a simple answer is not actually fun the fun bit is getting it complicated, confusing several ( including me) then realising the first few answers actually answer the question. Alternatively you never get an answer. It's great keep it up, better than any tv documentary.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
One of the problems is that to many people know a 'better' way to do something.

Often, to many opinions, not enough fact.

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
One of the problems is that to many people know a 'better' way to do something.

Often, to many opinions, not enough fact.
It's fun though, especially when people fall out, I hope they kiss and make up at the meets they go. Those that go that is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
It's fun though, especially when people fall out, I hope they kiss and make up at the meets they go. Those that go that is.
Thatā€™s what rallies are for so they can meet up and drink and forget šŸ¤ŖšŸ¤Ŗ

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
I am fairly new to the fun forum, with thousands of funsters. However I have notices what you mean by fun. You take a usually simple question/ query and some how manage to make it so complicated, when the answer is often simple. I find it so AMUSING how many of you do this, and have realised that offering a simple answer is not actually fun the fun bit is getting it complicated, confusing several ( including me) then realising the first few answers actually answer the question. Alternatively you never get an answer. It's great keep it up, better than any tv documentary.
Your right vzac.... ha....... trouble is does make you wonder about posting a question. As you say great funšŸ¤”šŸ˜„šŸ¤”šŸ˜

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Here you go

1636810583740.png

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've found that in some cases a topic becomes complex or changes direction because the OP hasn't explained the issue clearly or given all the relevant details/background. In other instances it leads repliers to misunderstanding the question or making incorrect assumptions.
For 30 years I've been helping with technical diagnoses and advice on a classic motorbike forum and quite often the real nub of the matter doesn't become apparent until the subject wanders with very many replies or the OP pops up with a previously unmentioned yet important material fact.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I've found that in some cases a topic becomes complex or changes direction because the OP hasn't explained the issue clearly or given all the relevant details/background. In other instances it leads repliers to misunderstanding the question or making incorrect assumptions.
For 30 years I've been helping with technical diagnoses and advice on a classic motorbike forum and quite often the real nub of the matter doesn't become apparent until the subject wanders with very many replies or the OP pops up with a previously unmentioned yet important material fact.
Like oh it's got 4 wheels !

Sep 22, 2020
Baltics
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Feel like an old timer
Like oh it's got 4 wheels !
No its got 5 if you count the spare, 6 if your count the steering thing, so how can you possibly say it has 4? Nutz you are just nutz, oh and how many nutz do you have, 5 per wheel x 5 =25 plus some spares in the tool kit, how many used in making the MH and as for the towbar well its just Nutz all around.

However there are no Nutz because its Nuts not Nutz. there are no Nutz (except in a hazelnutz bar) which you may have in your fridge.

Get my drift? :love:

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
No its got 5 if you count the spare, 6 if your count the steering thing, so how can you possibly say it has 4? Nutz you are just nutz, oh and how many nutz do you have, 5 per wheel x 5 =25 plus some spares in the tool kit, how many used in making the MH and as for the towbar well its just Nutz all around.

However there are no Nutz because its Nuts not Nutz. there are no Nutz (except in a hazelnutz bar) which you may have in your fridge.

No lost me on 1st word, but never mind, don't keep chocolate in the fridge. Chocolate needs to be warm to appreciate the taste. Get what I meanšŸ™‚

Sep 22, 2020
Baltics
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Feel like an old timer
Get what I mean
Not really but if you travel south towards the mountains then someone will come on here and help you with mountain pass etiquette when in a Left hooker on a hairpin bend going down hill. Its wonderful here on this site there are so many fun people who have no idea how to enjoy them selves except when eating cold chocolate. If you like your chocolate warm you are on the wrong site, try one based in Berlin.

You were asking about Gas you said? Bottom or MH? I have both :p

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Not really but if you travel south towards the mountains then someone will come on here and help you with mountain pass etiquette when in a Left hooker on a hairpin bend going down hill. Its wonderful here on this site there are so many fun people who have no idea how to enjoy them selves except when eating cold chocolate. If you like your chocolate warm you are on the wrong site, try one based in Berlin.

You were asking about Gas you said? Bottom or MH? I have both :p
I m fully aware of mountain pass etiquette on a left hooker hairpin descent but am buying an automatic and wonder about the brake pad wear.
I am also unsure if i will still be allowed to have a Yorkies bar without driving a manual

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Usually, but not always.
At a meet many years ago a pair of funsters came to blows.
Needless to say, they are both now ex-funsters.

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I can see how that can happen. Speaking has internation, text doesn't. That can and has been a problem with type. Though talking face to face is not perfect either.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015

So those with tag axle vans have 8 wheels, and the most important nut is the one holding the steering wheel :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Sep 22, 2020
Baltics
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Feel like an old timer
wonder about the brake pad wear.
Many years ago (40 ish) we were coming back from southern Spain towing a 2500Kg boat on a twin axle trailer behind a mark 1 Range Rover. Coming down off the plain somewhere north of Santander I recall my friend driving having both feet on the brake pedal and his bum off the seat, (I was probably relaxing with a San Miguel in the passenger seat) and a very hot smell coming from the front wheels. He calmly said ' I cant stop' We live to tell the tail, found a lay by and let the brakes cool down.

It was a left hooker and automatic, 3.5 or 4 litre V8 petrol and I think towing and air con blowing we managed 5 miles to the gallon.

Live ey and what fun and memories these ruminations recall for me, truly a fun place to chat and be silly too. (y)

May 28, 2021
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Can we get back to talking about chocolate pleasešŸ˜‹
Definitely can't eat it straight from fridge, needs to be room temperature.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Can we get back to talking about chocolate pleasešŸ˜‹
Definitely can't eat it straight from fridge, needs to be room temperature.
NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Ripples straight out of the fridge the crack when you bite into them then the smooth melting chocolate and the flakes as they melt, (Flake does not do this)
And for an even more exciting treat ready salted crisps every other mouthful ...................:love:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Ripples straight out of the fridge the crack when you bite into them then the smooth melting chocolate and the flakes as they melt, (Flake does not do this)
And for an even more exciting treat ready salted crisps every other mouthful ...................:love:
Twirls out the freezer. (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Opposite tastes often improve the overall pleasure, I like to have a glass of lemonade with some lemon cordial in it to go with a red pasta dish, or a lemonade and berry cordial with a creamy pasta sauce. As a kid I used to eat raw potato dipped in sugar! šŸ˜„

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Opposite tastes often improve the overall pleasure, I like to have a glass of lemonade with some lemon cordial in it to go with a red pasta dish, or a lemonade and berry cordial with a creamy pasta sauce. As a kid I used to eat raw potato dipped in sugar! šŸ˜„
Raw potato and sugar YUK , must try it šŸ¤”

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back