Fun Versus Facts No longer a contest. (1 Viewer)

weejocky

Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
I'm a member of both of these forums but not logged into either for a wee while. This place is busy and that other place is dead.

The front page of motorhomeFun is full of posts all made in the last 75 minutes. On Facts the front page shows posts going back longer than a week! That means this place is busier in an hour on a quiet Sunday than Facts is in a whole week! When this place started I thought it would last a month. :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
A bit like at a motorhome show when 100 Fun vans pass by the 6-10 vans that turn up at their rally.. (y)
It died a LONG time ago for me...

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
I'm a member of both of these forums but not logged into either for a wee while. This place is busy and that other place is dead.

The front page of motorhomeFun is full of posts all made in the last 75 minutes. On Facts the front page shows posts going back longer than a week! That means this place is busier in an hour on a quiet Sunday than Facts is in a whole week! When this place started I thought it would last a month. :)
What is a quiet Sunday?

Isn't it always better to have fun v talk about facts ?

Mind some posts here and be accurate.... you can take that as a fact!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Yup! All credit to the lone ranger (not forgetting Silver and Tonto) who rode into the sunset swearing he would make changes for the better. (Come to think of it! Vince Cable has just done something similar ! ) except it was a donkey that stumbled at the first hurdle and the stupid tw*t fell off, so to speak!) Don't you just love getting trollied on red wine on a Sunday afternoon.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Was a facts member for many years, continued with subscription after it was taken over, and rapidly went downhill. Agree with OP about how quiet the site is. Watched Fun for a few years before joining, so glad I did, we have met some great folk and had good advice and a lot of laughs.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I only know of one forum that they've bought that hasn't ended up as shite.
They're obviously not doing it for the subscription and advertising income.....or they're slow learners with little business sense.
They must have an ulterior motive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Its funny you should say that as I'm on a couple of car forums and they have near enough expired since the Canadian take over.
Why is this?
No idea ? The one marque car forums seem worst affected . Rod'sn sods went downhill but retrorides has stayed the same although I think that was down to the moderation team .
They're obviously not doing it for the subscription and advertising income.....or they're slow learners with little business sense.
They must have an ulterior motive.

No idea. Main bone of contention usually was the advertising .

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
They're a very successful advertising company, so successful that part of the company was recently sold for several million. Success or failure is judged by the number of 'click throughs' adverts generate. People usually think that the loss of long established, knowledgeable forum members would be detrimental to the forum, but quite the reverse. If you think about it, if newbies and casual visitors can get good helpful answers from existing forum users, there is no need to click on ads, if they can't, there is an inclination to click on an ad to see it that can help them. That's all Vertical Scope need to make money, and the bigger the group of forums they can offer advertisers, the more attractive they are as an advertising agency. As long as they have the ability to get their forums listed high enough on Google, and these days that depends on how much you're willing to pay Google, they will continue to make money.

Malcolm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back