Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
After numerous requests (sorry) I've had some cards printed that you can hand out on your travels If you give me your details here I will send you a dozen. They are business card size 85mm by 55mm.

I will also have some with me at the NEC next week. I'll also leave a few with @eddievanbitz so if you don't see me you can pick a dozen up from him. Cheers.

ReferallcardFront.png
ReferalCard Rear.png

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Could have done with one today, saw a van with a Funster sticker on the passenger side window, asked the chap if he was a funster, he said no, he'd only bought the van 2 weeks ago and the sticker was on it already, so I filled him in about this forum, may do some good perhaps.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Great idea. I have always carried a few of the older yellow ones to pass on to anyone who expresses an interest. Will try and remember to get some when at the NEC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Moroooo?? Morocco ...I guess its either my specs or a typo @Jim

Please put some in the post for me. Ive added my info.(y)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Literally passed out the details today to one of the civilian contractors onsite.

Great idea, as I've plugged us at least a dozen times:)

I'll be at the NEC on the 18th, can I pick some up then. I'm bringing a minibus with other potential future motorhome owners with me, to taste the market so to speak.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Jim... I only have a few of the yellow ones left to give out ..go through at least 10 a week. Don't always tell them I'm movan though .... ha ha don't want to appear dense when they log on and read my posts. ;)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
gave out the last one i fund in the van yesterday when we wer parked at the top of the chedale gorge near bakwell
bill

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I've pointed a few in this direction.

I'll leave my details as a card would be handy to hand out (y)

Might be worth sticking a funster windscreen sticker in with the cards as well?

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Great idea as I’ve given out my few I had and have had to write details for a few since then.
Have left details on the required site.
Ray

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've still got a stash of the old ones left - some in the car and some in the camper - I take the opportunity to hand them out to any English based MHers I meet when away and the occasional foreigner too!!! :D

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thanks Jim... I only have a few of the yellow ones left to give out ..go through at least 10 a week. Don't always tell them I'm movan though .... ha ha don't want to appear dense when they log on and read my posts. ;)
You put it on mine. :giggle:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I must say I don't like the "referred by". It smells of commission, not what FUN is about.

Yes I know you don't have to fill it in but it still has the implication of "sell".

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I must say I don't like the "referred by". It smells of commission, not what FUN is about.

Yes I know you don't have to fill it in but it still has the implication of "sell".
i usually just wright the web address down but i fund one of the old ones yesterday so handed it over i will just keep telling folks
bill

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I handed out many dozens of the original small postcard sized funster cards years ago.
I even resorted to sticking them under wiper blades of on street parked vans.
I'm convinced none saw the next day.
I think I still have 2 or 3 dozen kicking about in the garage.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Not everyone is so suspicious though ... I put my user name on and tell them that I don't get anything from doing and that I do so in order for them to have the name of someone on the forum that they've met so they don't feel 'lonely' about not knowing anyone!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I do so in order for them to have the name of someone on the forum that they've met so they don't feel 'lonely' about not knowing anyone!

That's a very good point. Now what word or phrase could be used instead of "referral" to express those sentiments ? Then you wouldn't have to state that you aren't on commission.

"Referral" makes me think people who accost you in Benidorm trying to get you to drink in an expensive bar or visit a brothel where the last time the "ladies" saw a doctor his name was Crippin.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That's a very good point. Now what word or phrase could be used instead of "referral" to express those sentiments ? Then you wouldn't have to state that you aren't on commission.
... not bothered to be honest ... unless you're frightened to talk to prospective funsters ... or in your case more likely frighten them off! :D ;)

"Referral" makes me think people who accost you in Benidorm trying to get you to drink in an expensive bar or visit a brothel where the last time the "ladies" saw a doctor his name was Crippin.
:Eeek: ... refer to my comment above!

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
@Jim just a thought if you want to send me quite a few I can hand them out to funsters at the bonfire and Christmas meets will fill your form in . Might save on postage to individual Funstets maybe ???
Kate x

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +

Maybe better with 'Recommended by'.

A Funster sticker added to the mailing would be good too....................................pleeeeese!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Details sent ,I always mention it and have large smiley in the window ! Pays to advertise!!:)

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
@Jim I have filled in the form with a family address, just to save you postage. Could you please include a windscreen sticker too?

Thanks

J

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back