Fun Forum wants me to move home (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I discovered tonight that whenever I type my home county, FUN Forum wants me to move home, to Hertfordshire to be exact. I am not alone, it does just the same if I were to live in Staffordshire. Have we done something wrong? Is there a geographical or political reason why we should not mention where we come from.
I note also that Leicestershire must be typed Leicester shire or with a hyphen the same with Northampton-shire
Up until now I was happy living in Bedfordshire but the spell-checker is not. Fascinating!

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I know I like kayaking and other water sports, but having my house mid-stream is getting things too wet, even for me :LOL: and it's 16 miles west of where I actually live !

image.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Google is poor at guessing outside of the US. though normally, your postcode followed by UK gets the marker in the right place.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Google is poor at guessing outside of the US. though normally, your postcode followed by UK gets the marker in the right place.
I suppose 16 miles off target isn't too bad, if they're judging it from the US ;)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I discovered tonight that whenever I type my home county, FUN Forum wants me to move home, to Hertfordshire to be exact. I am not alone, it does just the same if I were to live in Staffordshire. Have we done something wrong? Is there a geographical or political reason why we should not mention where we come from.
I note also that Leicestershire must be typed Leicester shire or with a hyphen the same with Northampton-shire
Up until now I was happy living in Bedfordshire but the spell-checker is not. Fascinating!

The spill chucker will be in your browser, you can change them and update them in most browsers if they are not working for you (y)

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Bedfordshire is now part of my spool choker vocabulary. A pity really, for Hertfordshire had much to commend it.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Is an exact pin location a good idea?
It could be a problem if you have a Transit based moho!:imoutahere:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Aw mate! any where north or east of the Tamar is bandit country, "The Dark Lands" to us, the last of the true brits. :hugs:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back