Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Folks
Just back from a fabulous 3 weeks in France and a great chance to really get to know the MH. We discovered that however hard we try, or stand and wait, or park the MH tilted to one side the waste water never fully empties. This feels like a recipe for a smell problem eventually - although all is fresh at the moment. I lifted the locker doors in the floor to see what I could see but am no wiser. I was surprised to see wires going to one of the bungs in the top of the tank that looks like the grey waste tank but other than that I could see no alternative way of dumping the last of the waste.
Any advice folks?
Mags

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
how do you know its not fully empty ?
not relying on the level gauges are you....:Doh::roflmto:

most euro vans have the grey waste outlet on the side of the tank to avoid ripping it out on long grass/rough ground etc.

only an inch or so but it leaves some water in the tank.

best way, even if not strictly legal or socially correct, is after dumping leave the drain tap open.
every corner will dump a bit more of the waste water due to centrifugal force.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
about as reliable as a 3rd world electric supply.

ours has never shown empty or full so now totally ignored...same goes for the fresh water gauge.

nothing like having a quarter tank on the gauge but no water at the tap to keep the blood pressure up :Angry::roflmto:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Whenever we come back from a trip I empty the grey tank and then use Buster Kitchen Sink Fresh (or whatever the name is now - it's the one on the green bottle anyway) down each of the three drains (sink, shower and washbasin) and then empty the grey tank again.

Whatever is left in the tank has then been treated by the BKSF rather than being just what was in before.

Graham

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
what we do

Although we have a yank and can put a water wand down the black tank we do have the same type of issue on the gray tank... what I have done in the past is driven one side of the van up levelling blocks so the dump side is lower and that normally works and I then put some extra water through with smelly stuff to make sure no stagnet water remains in the tank.

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
I get Jen to run a washing up bowl of clean water while it's emptying which when it stops, she pours down the plughole. If only clean water comes out of the tank after that, then it is empty. If not we can then put a ramp under the front wheels or whatever.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
On our waste tank there is a large cap on the underside, once a year I remove this and can completely drain the tank. Any sludge seems to collect in the cap so it gets rid of all the muck.

Rgds
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back